[XBox] RW FAT support using FullFAT libary
Reading the spanish ReactOS blog (ReactOS is a project to make a GPL clone of Windows and works actively with the Wine project) i have see an article about the future integration of FullFAT into ReactOS kernel replacing the actual ReactOS FAT driver.

FullFAT is GPL (with commercial license) high performance embedable library to access to FAT 12, 16 and 32 file systems in read write mode and aims to became the standard "the-facto" open source FAT library with long name support in FAT 12 also (the only one implementation that i know that has this), high read-write performance and another several improvements. It's written in C in a object oriented way and it's designed to be clear to use.

My suggestion is replace the actual custom read-only FAT driver with this one so the XBox can has more speed in the access to the USB pendrives. I would be able to do it (i'm a C++ developer) but i don't have almost time at this moment and i don't have access to my XBox, but i can be a beta-tester for this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBox] RW FAT support using FullFAT libary0