Samsung N510 or ION 330?
Could be time to upgrade from the Xbox to an ION-based HTPC. Sorely tempted to join the crowd and get an ASRock ION 330, but could justify the purchase more easily if I could get the same amount of grunt in a netbook that I could carry with me for work when not XBMCing.

The Samsung N510 could be just that. Anyone had experience of this or other ION netbooks running XBMC?

Cheers,
t
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
You will have to run linux on the box to get the best experience out of it, HD wise. Do you want to remove the OS and install linux? Are you a linux user, because if not, you may not like getting used to it on a laptop. If you are only watching on the laptop - I guess hd doesn't matter, so no 720 up for you without linux
That netbook is ridiculously priced.
My little HTPC made with the Zotac ION 330 cost about $370.... which is like 231 pounds.
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:You will have to run linux on the box to get the best experience out of it, HD wise. Do you want to remove the OS and install linux? Are you a linux user, because if not, you may not like getting used to it on a laptop. If you are only watching on the laptop - I guess hd doesn't matter, so no 720 up for you without linux

He could make USB first boot device and boot XBMC Live off USB and windows off HDD, when stick is in it boots XBMC when out it boots windows not exactly difficult or he could just dual boot off HDD

Or there's launching an external player and not forgetting DX builds seem to becoming a long, ion based products are becoming very versatile I know a number of people running win 7 media centre with CoreAVC using CUDA if XBMC is not your thing my point is linux is not your only option for HD

There are other netbooks check out

http://www.ionbased.com/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung N510 or ION 330?0