Question about loglevel in advancedsettings.xml
Could someone provide just a bit more of an explanation of how the loglevel settings in advancedsettings.xml works? I entered the following in my advancedsettings.xml file (along with a bunch of other stuff ... btw, everything is surrounded by the needed <advancedsettings> section, etc.):

<loglevel hide="false">1</loglevel>

Based on what the wiki says my understanding was the I will always have debug logging enabled but nothing displayed on screen (ie: CPU usage, FPS, etc.). The option to enable debug logging would still be available in the GUI and when enabled would switch to level 2 (debug logging + on screen info). However, that doesn't seem to be the case. With debug logging disabled in the GUI, debug logging seems to be actually disabled. So I'm guessing my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,
Harry
Which revision? Post a log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Which revision? Post a log.

I'm running revision 22516. Here's a link to one of my log files that I posted for an issue I was having (thinking it was a full debug log, which I don't think it is): http://trac.xbmc.org/attachment/ticket/7...mc.old.log

Thanks,
Harry
Right, unfortunately we're not logging advancedsettings.xml in your build (I've just changed it in r23694) so we can't rule out there being something wrong in there.

It would be great if you could try r23694 or higher so that we can rule out a problem in that regard and ensure that we can reproduce at our end.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I won't be able to do it on my HTPC (cause it's all configured to work perfectly ... except for the logging issue), but I'll see if I can reproduce the issue on another computer with a newer release. Btw, I have other stuff in my advancedsettings.xml file and those work fine, plus when I enter the loglevel stuff without using the hide option, it does hide the setting from the GUI so it's reading it right, but it just doesn't adjust the actual logging level.

Thanks,
Harry
I did a bit more debugging and it seems that XBMC does indeed start in debug level 0, regardless what the advancedsettings.xml file says. However, if I enable debugging in the GUI (which sets it to level 2) and then disable it, it set's it to level 1 (as per the as.xml file). It's an OK work around I guess. I'll try to see if I get the same behavior with a newer SVN though.

Btw, anyone know how hard it would be to put together a script that would enable and then disable the GUI debugging setting whenever XBMC starts? That way on my HTPC (which I don't wanna change SVN for) I could have this sort of fixed.

Thanks,
Harry
Harry Muscle Wrote:Btw, anyone know how hard it would be to put together a script that would enable and then disable the GUI debugging setting whenever XBMC starts? That way on my HTPC (which I don't wanna change SVN for) I could have this sort of fixed.

Thanks,
Harry

In case anyone is wondering, here's what I did as a temporary work around using a python script:

Create a file called autoexec.py and stick it in the root of the scripts folder. Then put this in the file:

import XBMC
xbmc.executehttpapi("SetLogLevel(1)")

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about loglevel in advancedsettings.xml0