Why no Blue Ray Support Possible?
that's because you forgot to send your patch eversteegt
Big Grin Got your point Wink

I didn't mean to offend you in any way or shout at you "Implement it, now!". I just wanted to understand the reasoning in this thread because it constantly boiled down to "reading blu-ray structures involves on the fly decrypting, which is illegal", which is not true Wink.

Unfortunately I am not a great programmer (Not in python, nor in C, though I can read both languages).
try trunk (preliminary!) and you'll see why my response is as it is.
This is the same annoying crap as my cranky-pants computer! My BF went and bought a new blu-ray drive and he didn't get a "retail" one so there's no blu ray software!

Looking online they want $90 US for some of the players! That's close to how much he paid for the drive! Such a rip-off.. and sort of typical with the PC.

Would be so nice to get blu ray support on the XBMC as that's what's always on and connected to my TV..

*fingers crossed* Smile
Here another solution: with software anydvd hd you can rip your bluray disc to your harddrive and that in about 10min. So where's the problem when mts files can be played with xbmc?
Actually, AnyDVD HD can decrypt BluRay and HDDVD on the fly

The problem is, it's Windows-only.

If you're OK using Windows, buy a copy of AnyDVD HD and just navigate to the proper folder in XBMC and start the MT2S stream.

Easy Smile

According to davilla (an XBMC developer) he shares his BluRay drive from a Windows Box using AnyDVD HD, then streams it to his AppleTV with Crystal HD card (that he added support for, BTW) and it works great.

-Wes
Would it be possible to integrate BluRay support by packaging the illegal functionality into a separately managed plugin? Similar to how PS2 emulators do not supply the bios, as that is the only offending component. You would have all of the benefits of narrative BluRay playback whist mitigating the legal responsibility :-) I guess the real question would be is XBMC's plugin system capable of adding such functionality?
libbluray is making progress

See the original thread here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=150014

and the project here
http://bd.videolan.org/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why no Blue Ray Support Possible?1