AC3/DTS "cuts" SPDIF signal on Zotac ION N330
I believe I solved my problem....by using a different sound card....so I guess I didn't really solve it Rolleyes

Popped in a SB Live card I had laying around, set it to digital pass through like I had with my audigy, and I haven't heard a skip yet.
so...I was wrong, unfortunately. The live card, just like the Audigy, got progressively worse over time. When I first plugged it in, there were no skips. Then I noticed 2 during a movie, and then it just got worse until it was back to the amount of skips it did before. This is over multiple reboots, and sleep sessions.

This is so bizarre...I wish I could figure out what is causing this.

It happens during dts, ac3, and everything else, including mp3 and menu sounds....
Welcome to the club :-(
Did you try running all your mixer sliders at maximum? If the bitstream signal (ac3 and DTS) is not strong enough to trigger your external processor/amps DAC's then you'll get drops or no sound or the lovely hiss sound.

I had a similar issue a long time back with getting DTS 44.1khz wav files working in XBMC. Running the volume sliders at max fixed the problem!

FWIW!
I've had this problem and after reading the start of this thread appear to have solved it.

Worked for me, but not sure if everyone eles has the same problem, though the symptoms are the same.

Settings > Video > Playback > AV Sync Method = Audio Clock.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3/DTS "cuts" SPDIF signal on Zotac ION N3300