• 3(current)
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes
Another preview update of the OSD.

Episodes:

Movies:
I'm definitely liking that Big Grin

Does the info window pop up with the time bar, or does it pop up with an extra button press?
It pops up with the player controls bar or by itself when you press the info button. I'll probably make a setting to choose whether they pop up together or not. I kind of like just having the player controls bar by itself.

Should have it out by the end of the week. Just putting everything through the testing phase now. Glad you like it! Big Grin
Actually, i'm having the same problems as everyone else seems to be having with my pc. In the Banner list mode, or whatever its called, the plot summary will not show up for any of my TV shows and I do not have Hide plot on.

Quick fix?
mcgehee44 Wrote:Actually, i'm having the same problems as everyone else seems to be having with my pc. In the Banner list mode, or whatever its called, the plot summary will not show up for any of my TV shows and I do not have Hide plot on.

Quick fix?

Not sure what the problem is. Everything works fine here. Some question though so hopefully I might be able to narrow things down.

Does the plot show on another skin?

Are you using nfo files for your information? If so, check to make sure the <Plot> field is filled. Also, there are two settings for the 'Hide Plot for Info List View'; one for movies and the other for TV Shows.

What XBMC build are you using? SVN or the 9.04.1 stable release build?
Sranshaft

Love the look of the new additions. When are you uploading the new version?
qualar Wrote:Sranshaft

Love the look of the new additions. When are you uploading the new version?

It'll have to be at the beginning of the month. We went over the download limit for this month and are struggling with life in dial-up speed.
Sranshaft Wrote:It'll have to be at the beginning of the month. We went over the download limit for this month and are struggling with life in dial-up speed.

The pain! I can't even get onto my university's website when i'm shaped.
Why not use google-code for file hosting?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
goulash Wrote:The pain! I can't even get onto my university's website when i'm shaped.

Tell me about it! Laugh Got to love Australia's idea of a fair internet package. 80 bucks for 60 gigs a month...it's a joke.

Bram77 Wrote:Why not use google-code for file hosting?

I was considering that or setting up a GIT repository...I'll figure something out at the beginning of next month.
Sranshaft, fantastic work. It fits with the rest of skin so well, and is great looking. I especially like media rating icons and things. Well done!
One thing I noticed with the control bar is that the extra buttons on the left of the original bar are missing.
Also, I imagine that the large info box appearing whenever you bring up the control bar could get annoying.. That would be something I'd have to try to see..

Maybe you've already got those worked out, but a possible solution for both would be to have either a button to bring up the info box (that also has the extra buttons on it) or press up to bring it up. (I don't remember whether that is possible or not).

Of course, the beauty of mods is that when you put it up, I'll take a hack at it.

I love your work so far!

- Derek
Thanks a lot for the kind words! Laugh I really appreciate it. I've put the new update through its testing and feel it's ready for release. I should have it up by tomorrow. There's a few surprises in store so I hope everyone likes what they see!

To answer your concerns. The info dialog only comes up when you press the 'info' button on the remote. Also, the on the control bar, pressing up or down brings up the other buttons. I'll have to figure out some way of letting the user know they're there as I can see how it's a bit unintuitive.

Thanks again for taking the time to let me know what you think about the mod. It's comments like yours that keep me going. Big Grin
The wait is over...sort of! Still uploading the update. Laugh But here's what to expect in the new version. This is a complete replacement for Scarfa's original version. If you'd like you could rename this and have both versions.

Showcase View for Episodes

Large Poster for Seasons

Info Dialog for TV Shows

Info Dialog for Movies

Info Dialog for Music

New Update! Download it from here.
Hi Sranshaft, your MOD is awesome, it makes Rapier even more eyecandy ans usefull, TY for your work.

I've tested it and all works as expected, I only noticed that you hardcoded some strings like :

time remaining
previous track
next track
by

and a couple more in the settings dialog.

I would like to get these strings in the language file to translate them.
THanks in advance. David.
dtorner Wrote:Hi Sranshaft, your MOD is awesome, it makes Rapier even more eyecandy ans usefull, TY for your work.

I've tested it and all works as expected, I only noticed that you hardcoded some strings like :

time remaining
previous track
next track
by

and a couple more in the settings dialog.

I would like to get these strings in the language file to translate them.
THanks in advance. David.

Thanks a lot for you comments. I'm really glad everything is working! I'll see what I can do about those strings and PM you a copy when it's ready.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes2