Make movie list smaller in fanart view?
Please forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere-I couldn't find it.

Anyway - I love this skin. The only thing I would love to be able to do is to have less of the fanart obscured by the list of movies on the right hand side of the screen in "fanart" view. (maybe only show 4 movies at a time so the list is smaller? Or better yet, disable the list altogether and bring it up on demand?)

Is there a way of doing this that I have missed? If so I'm very sorry for the annoying question!

If not I think that would be an awesome feature Smile

Thanks!
You can make the list be only 10 items by going to Settings, and then left to Skin Settings and choosing Fanart- Short under General.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
check the skin settings (push left on the settings screen) and enable 'fanart-short'

*wow, guess I was really sloooow on that reply there....that's what I get for multitasking.
thanks for the answers guys...will try that out when I get home Smile

I take it there is no option for only seeing the list on demand then? Has that ever been considered?
kiboy6 Wrote:I take it there is no option for only seeing the list on demand then?
nope
kiboy6 Wrote:Has that ever been considered?
nope and i think one would get lost in navigating the skin if i made the list hidden.
the hidden side menu already confuses a lot of new users.

maybe it's best to create a new view for this?
one that only shows the movie cover and fanart and maybe some info...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:maybe it's best to create a new view for this?
one that only shows the movie cover and fanart and maybe some info...

I think that would be awesome!...A really minimalist fanart front and center view would fit really well with transparency I think Smile

Unfortunately I'm not up to the modding task myself, but I do think it would look really cool Smile
hey I know that it's been a long time since the last post in this thread, but like kiboy6 i would love to have a smaller list (5 entries or so). So i tried to change it myself, but i couldn't find where FanartShort, FanartLong and FanartNormal are defined. (i hoped that i could take a look at these "definitions", s.t. i could hopefully change one of them in a 5 entry list or add a 4. "definition" like FanartReallyShort Smile )
I hope someone can help me, even its not certain, that i can change it successfully (because i never changed something in a skin).

Btw. all the rest of Transparency is really great (even the FAQ!). So thx a lot for the greate skin!
it's no easy change. you'll have to modify 10-15 different xml files if you want to do it correctly.

start with Includes.xml:
Code:
    <include name="FanartShort">
        <height>291</height>
    </include>
this defines the height of the fanart list.

Code:
<animation effect="zoom" start="153,88,976,545" end="153,88,976,391" time="300" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort) + !Window.IsVisible(script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-main.xml)">Conditional</animation>
and this is size of the background panel.

next look in:
- Addon.xml
- all the My*.xml files

and adjust this code
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="700,257" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort)">Conditional</animation>
to slide the list + panel to the bottom of the screen
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it's no easy change. you'll have to modify 10-15 different xml files if you want to do it correctly.

start with Includes.xml:
Code:
    <include name="FanartShort">
        <height>291</height>
    </include>
this defines the height of the fanart list.

Code:
<animation effect="zoom" start="153,88,976,545" end="153,88,976,391" time="300" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort) + !Window.IsVisible(script-Apple_Movie_Trailers-main.xml)">Conditional</animation>
and this is size of the background panel.

next look in:
- Addon.xml
- all the My*.xml files

and adjust this code
Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="700,257" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) + Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort)">Conditional</animation>
to slide the list + panel to the bottom of the screen

Thx a lot for the incredible fast reply. I will try it out today. Very nice! Thx
Oh my god, it took me at least 2h (most of it was try and error xD) to change FanartShort into a smaller list.
I hope there are better and most important faster way to do this. xD
But I saw how much work it has to be to create such a greate skin! Excellent work!

But I still have one question left. In the end it looked like that:

So how can I move the first entry of the list (I tried to mark it red ^^) a little bit up in the panel? Because for such a small list there is to much space between the upper edge of the background panel and the 1. entry. (sry if I ask this silly questions, but I'm totally new to skinning Sad )
Good moring Smile

I finally figured it out how to move it up xD
So now it looks like that:

thx for the great help.

Oh I changed it a little bit:

glad you've figured it out. :-)

one thing i forgot to mention,
you'll also have to adjust the size and position of the scrollbar (if you haven't already done so).

scrollbars are defined in Includes.xml, just find the one that's valid for Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort)
ronie Wrote:glad you've figured it out. :-)

one thing i forgot to mention,
you'll also have to adjust the size and position of the scrollbar (if you haven't already done so).

scrollbars are defined in Includes.xml, just find the one that's valid for Skin.HasSetting(FanartShort)

Oh thx, I can't believe, that I haven't noticed, that the scrollbar is way to long.
So now I've changed it.
Ok I know it's annoying, but I have still one problem left.

First I have to say, that I'm using XBMC on a HTPC (Linux installed from a Live CD), and to make all these changes, I downloaded XBMC for Windows, because there it's easier to make changes and test these changes (perhaps only for me (easier)).
So with windows, everything looks like on the screens (shorter list, right position, shorter scrollbar and even the "addon-background" in the addon section is at the right position), but when I try it on my HTPC (I first deinstall Transparency! in the addon section and then I install my modified Transparency! from Zip), then everything looks good, expect I get a 2. border, which you can see here.

I tried a lot of things:
I removed the skin.folder using the terminal, deinstalled Transparency by using the addon page in XBMC. The I installed Transparency by using the addon page (from ZIP), I copied the skin.folder, which works fine on windows to the addon folder, I downloaded the normal Transparency, then deleted the files, which I had nodified, and after that I copied the files to the skin.folder, and so on. (I have no idea what else I could do Sad ). But in the end, it always looked like in the picture above.

What I have to say is, that I had the same problems on windows, when I deinstalled Transparency by using the addon page of XBMC and then installed the modified version out of a ZIP file (also by using the addon page of XBMC). But when I removed the skin.folder by myself and copied the new skin.folder into the addons folder, then it worked (and other methods did work too ^^).

I hope someone has an idea, where the problem could be.
have you enabled the 'i hate transparency!' setting in skin settings?

if so, have a look at the <include name="T-Panel1"> section in Includes_Transparency.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make movie list smaller in fanart view?0