Harmony users which IR Reciever ?
Probably going to go the Harmony route either the One or 555 as setting up using the method below looks the best solution under windows to me or at least the easiest

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54466

Just wondered what IR receivers your using and how well they are working I'll be using XP as my OS

Think I've searched and read every harmony post in here and still none the wiser Eek
Im using the MCE receiver and configure my Harmony One as a MCE keyboard to send keystrokes directly to XBMC
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Yes as you can see in post one that's exactly what I intend to do but as I don't have an original MCE receiver I wondered which models others were using
here you go: $15 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IR-Blaster-Receiver-...3ef83f3bcf

Just got one. Will post what happens. $15 is a cheap gamble if I get away from my keyboard.
I bought this one, MCE remote works perfectly with W7 x32 and 64 and Harmony One. As Anubis said above, can't go wrong at these prices!
ASUS M4A785D-M Pro
AMD Phenom II X2 550, (unleashed 4 cores @ 3.2Ghz)
4GB RAM.
ATI Sapphire HD4850 512Mb.
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise Edition.

All media is served over Gigabyte LAN.
Thanks for the replies guys Smile

ezhik Wrote:I bought this one, MCE remote works perfectly with W7 x32 and 64 and Harmony One. As Anubis said above, can't go wrong at these prices!

Yeah had already found the HP IR, ezhik are you using your harmony one configured as a MCE keyboard if so how well is it working with the HP

Just got to decide Harmony One or 555
>>X<<' Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys Smile

Yeah had already found the HP IR, ezhik are you using your harmony one configured as a MCE keyboard if so how well is it working with the HP

Just got to decide Harmony One or 555
I'm using Evenghost because when I set it up there was guide explaining how to do it with that. It works so I see no need to change it. I think Eventghost probably allows a little better customisation of buttons, but having said that one method (MCE Keyboard or Eventghost), is going to do everything you'll need using a Harmony.

The Harmony One is the better remote. I have a 555 that I use in my study, and a One in the living room, the One is the best!

As for the Harmony and the MCE remote, no issues it always works. That HP MCE has quite a solid receiver, I've stuck mine (it has a sticky pad on the bottom), along side my AV receiver so its set back and almost hidden, it also has a long USB lead (2 meters maybe), and little IR adapter that plugs into the main receiver, but I haven't used that, no need to.

I'm sure there's plenty of choice, anyway I can say that one is quite suitable.
ASUS M4A785D-M Pro
AMD Phenom II X2 550, (unleashed 4 cores @ 3.2Ghz)
4GB RAM.
ATI Sapphire HD4850 512Mb.
Windows 7 64bit Enterprise Edition.

All media is served over Gigabyte LAN.
I use the USB-UIRT as my receiver. It functions as a transmitter as well which works nice as a relay, but I think the MCE receiver would work better as a pure receiver.

Also, I've read much better reviews for the harmony One than for the 555. I have an 880 and I plan to move to the One pretty soon.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
I use a xbox IR receiver plugged into a controller port that I soldered a usb cable to with a Harmony 550 and a Next Generation IR to RF transmitter.
Life's not too short, you're just dead for so long.

HP Pavilion m9500y
AMD Athlon64 x4 - 4gb RAM 4.5TB HDD RAID
Mac OS 10.6 - XBMC Dharma RC2
ezhik

Many thanks for the info

rausch101

Yes already looked into the USB-UIRT but its only available in the US and I'm in the UK I know they ship to here but didn't fancy the wait so was looking at alternatives first

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony users which IR Reciever ?0