[FEATURE] Fanart view for Pictures
I was playing around with my pictures yesterday and am wondering if its possible to implement a new view within pictures, similiar to the movie fanart view but within the pictures section.

For example:

1. A small list (or long list - whatever you select in settings) of the he pictures (names) on the right side of the screen -- this would be similiar to the movies list that you have in your database.

2. You can scroll through your images (file names) and the actual image of the photo will be displayed where typically the fanart is displayed in the entire background.

I do a lot of photography with friends/family and do use the photo section of XBMC quite a lot and see this feature being quite useful.

Its just a mere suggestion for perhaps the next T! release.
Great Idea,

Another idea is to create bezels. different frames so the pictures looks like they are in a frame, an easy thing to do and a rather nifty one. I always believe that the pictures sections needs to be given a true face lift.

A sort of album can be created with fanart acting as the cover of different albums (like holidays, parties, carnivals or whatever we choose)

Hope Ronie will have some time to spare on some ideas
grupy Wrote:I was playing around with my pictures yesterday and am wondering if its possible to implement a new view within pictures, similiar to the movie fanart view but within the pictures section.

For example:

1. A small list (or long list - whatever you select in settings) of the he pictures (names) on the right side of the screen -- this would be similiar to the movies list that you have in your database.

2. You can scroll through your images (file names) and the actual image of the photo will be displayed where typically the fanart is displayed in the entire background.

I do a lot of photography with friends/family and do use the photo section of XBMC quite a lot and see this feature being quite useful.

Its just a mere suggestion for perhaps the next T! release.

i had the same idea a few weeks ago, so i'm pretty sure something like that will be in the next release. ;-)

pang Wrote:Great Idea,

Another idea is to create bezels. different frames so the pictures looks like they are in a frame, an easy thing to do and a rather nifty one. I always believe that the pictures sections needs to be given a true face lift.

A sort of album can be created with fanart acting as the cover of different albums (like holidays, parties, carnivals or whatever we choose)

Hope Ronie will have some time to spare on some ideas

if you can make some mockups of what you'd like, then i'll see if i can add them.

cheers.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i had the same idea a few weeks ago, so i'm pretty sure something like that will be in the next release. ;-)

I am already waiting Big Grin

I guess creating a playlist of pictures is outside a skin domain :?
adsoto Wrote:I guess creating a playlist of pictures is outside a skin domain :?

yes it is. :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:Image

I was thinking along these lines just perhaps having the image being fit to width so you dont see the film background that you have set for your photos.

I like the fact you display the resolution where you have, including the file name and date and time of the image.
grupy Wrote:I was thinking along these lines just perhaps having the image being fit to width so you dont see the film background that you have set for your photos.

that's not really an option. imagine what would happen with a portrait picture if i would scale (or worse stretch) it to fullscreen.
would it be possible to implement black bars so to say instead of a background? for example within the options or is this outside of the skin scope.
grupy Wrote:would it be possible to implement black bars so to say instead of a background? for example within the options or is this outside of the skin scope.

nope, but you can select a black or very dark background for the pictures section yourself. i guess that will have the same effect.
grupy Wrote:would it be possible to implement black bars so to say instead of a background? for example within the options or is this outside of the skin scope.

Why not just select a black background for the Pictures in Settings>SkinSettings>Backgrounds

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
typically i have an image or multiple images for the pictures menu but i guess a black background could work as well

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE] Fanart view for Pictures0