[LIVE] MCE Remote + Asrock ion + suspend
My setup was Logitech DiNovo Mini + Asrock ION + XBMC Live installad on the harddisk. With the Logitech the suspend mode was working properly. The system shuts down when shutting down XBMC.

Today I recieved the common HP Media Center IR Reciever + remote (Ebay). When I connect the IR reciever to (any) USB port the suspend mode isn't working any more. XBMC shut's down, but I'm getting a blinking underscore in de top left corner on my screen. The Asrock doesn't shut down.

When I unplug the IR reciever the suspend mode is working good again.

How can I best troubleshoot this issue? I did find some posts concerning IR recievers, but none with this issue.
Found out that
Code:
sudo service lirc stop
Does the trick, when this service is stopped, de suspend mode is working correct.

But when I edit /etc/default/acpi-suppprt

Code:
# Add services to this list to stop them before suspend and restart them in
# the resume process.
STOP_SERVICES="lirc"

It doesn't work.
Or should I move to the Ubuntu forum Wink
Does your remote work for Resume of the Astrock ION aswell? How much did you pay for the remote? I am looking for an IR receiver to use together with my Logitech Harmony 555.
pezlin Wrote:Does your remote work for Resume of the Astrock ION aswell? How much did you pay for the remote? I am looking for an IR receiver to use together with my Logitech Harmony 555.

Well, I've payed about 15 € I think.
Search Ebay.com for

HP MCE KIT REMOTE CONTROL/USB IR RECEIVER/EMITTER VISTA

And you'll find it. But you may can get mine...
I'm thinking of modding my old xbox reciever (USB Mod) as a tribute to the good old XBOX.

The resume doesn't work for me, it should, but it doesn't.
(Using a Harmony One).
Beware of buying the cheap MCE-Remotes! The IR is a USB-HID and just understands special keyboard-commands. Its possible to get it working, but don't lose time with configuration and buy a MCE V2 Remote with RC6-IR-Receiver. I had to learn the whole remote manualy and its working not really fine.

With a MCE v1-Remote-Set, try to use the speedlink SL-6399 in logitech database, otherwise, the better way, use simply MCE v2.

regards chmee
Thanks for the info, I ordered a USB converter so I can use my old IR reciever from XBOX1. I've read is should work like a charm...
Is it possible to use the Philips OVU412000 USB IR Remote Receiver with an "old" xbox remote?

How do you get the Asrock ION 330 to hibernate and wake up with it?

(I do have a spare Xbox remote but no spare IR receiver.)
BounceMeister Wrote:Is it possible to use the Philips OVU412000 USB IR Remote Receiver with an "old" xbox remote?

How do you get the Asrock ION 330 to hibernate and wake up with it?

(I do have a spare Xbox remote but no spare IR receiver.)

You can solder the old Xbox DVD dongle also to work with you Xbox DVD remote

Check out: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Xbox_DVD_Dongle
Really, the easiest is to buy the Philips Remote. It's something like 40-50 ish euros for the set (USB IR Receiver + Remote Control). I've heard you can also just buy the USB IR Receiver seperately if you're using a Harmony remotecontrol (or something similar).

With a Harmony you can just tell the software it's a Windows Media Center, and it maps everything to decent defaults. I only changed a few things.

To get it to Suspend and Resume properly, just go to XBMC Settings -> System -> Hardware and set "Shutdown function" to "Suspend" - or "Hibernate" if you prefer that.

I can only speak for my own ASRock ION 330 setup - but I've made no modifications to anything. It just works directly out of the box.
jonassw Wrote:Really, the easiest is to buy the Philips Remote. It's something like 40-50 ish euros for the set (USB IR Receiver + Remote Control). I've heard you can also just buy the USB IR Receiver seperately if you're using a Harmony remotecontrol (or something similar).

With a Harmony you can just tell the software it's a Windows Media Center, and it maps everything to decent defaults. I only changed a few things.

To get it to Suspend and Resume properly, just go to XBMC Settings -> System -> Hardware and set "Shutdown function" to "Suspend" - or "Hibernate" if you prefer that.

I can only speak for my own ASRock ION 330 setup - but I've made no modifications to anything. It just works directly out of the box.

I can attest to this also. The Phillips remote and IR receiver worked right out of the box for the ASRock 330 with XBMC Live Babylon. However, I just upgraded to the 9.11 Beta1 Camelot version and now I can't wake from hibernation. I've tried adding "echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup" into my /etc/rc.local file and confirmed USB2 is indeed where my IR receiver resides. However, now when I hit my power button it reboots instead of hibernating. And yes I did make sure it was set to hibernate under the Shutdown function. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Almost the same here, I've got a DiNovo Mini attached which wakes xbmc.
I had to enable USB0 to get this working.
But when ik enable USB2, where the XBOX DVD Kit Dongle hangs is won't suspend. As soon as I suspend it seems the IR receiver is picking up some signal and wakes de ASrock immediately.

Anyone with a successful setup with this IR receiver on the ASrock?

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ cat /proc/acpi/wakeup
Device  S-state   Status   Sysfs node
SMB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:03.2
USB0      S4     enabled   pci:0000:00:04.0
USB2      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:04.1
NMAC      S5     disabled  pci:0000:00:0a.0
PBB0      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:09.0
HDAC      S4     disabled  pci:0000:00:08.0
XVR0      S4     disabled
XVR1      S4     disabled
P0P5      S4     disabled
P0P6      S4     disabled
P0P7      S4     disabled
P0P8      S4     disabled
P0P9      S4     disabled
I also got this IR receiver, the only problem I've encountered so far is that this receiver reacts on the light sensor that's on my Sony bravia. When it gets dark outside the red light on the receivers keeps flickering because the light sensor on the tv is working (the sensor is using IR as well).

The only sollution so far is to turn of the light sensor on the tv when I want to use XBMC. And to turn on the sensor again if the movie has been started on XBMC.

Does someone know a better sollution than to turn the sensor off? It doesn't interfere with the IR receivers of the rest of my equipment, so it must be something with this IR receiver or with linux/xbmc ?
Looked into this, I've read a thread about it here.
But on my Panasonic Plasma I can't find the option in the menu to turn it off.
deleted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] MCE Remote + Asrock ion + suspend0