[LINUX] Acer Revo Ubuntu issues
Hey there, Although i have been around since the days of the 12 solder point xbox mod running XBMC on the good ol Xbox OG i have just gone from running Xbmc on my ATV to trying to nerd out again with an Acer Revo, however im totally new to Ubuntu and the VPDU stuff.

So thus far I have installed Ubuntu from a USB stick created from within a Ubuntu desktop, following the guide here:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53812
and here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=374815&postcount=1
Creating an xbmc / xbmc account
follwed by running the scripted mentioned in the second link.
Everything seems to work in the script i dont see any fail or anything of this sort however at this point:
Code:
## --[ INSTALL AND CONFIGURE ALSA SOUND ]--------------------------------------------------------------------

apt-get install linux-sound-base alsa-base alsa-utils -y
usermod -a -G audio xbmc

echo
echo AlsaMixer will now start so that you can configre your volum levels.
echo
echo Press 'M' to activate/deactive, Arrows to adjust volume, and ESC to save/quit.
echo Press any Key to contiue, or wait 20 seconds to continue
read -n1 -t20 any_key

alsamixer
alsactl store 0
i do not see any more of the script run just the grafical sound bars. im not sure if the script is competing or what.

After rebooting i attempt to start XBMC however it states that i do not have the nessary grafix support. Do i have to change grafix settings?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the noobed out questions

Drew
Another side not is it really doesnt seem as if the script has does much other then download the drivers and xbmc, as i do not see lirc a grafics change on boot up or auto starting xbmc
Hepp

An idea could be to follow the instuctions on the screen instead of rebooting. If you cant get to work, try to follow one of the official guides in the wiki. If linux seem a bit complicated you may want to opt for the guide where you install a full Ubtunu desktop. .

Quote:echo
echo AlsaMixer will now start so that you can configre your volum levels.
echo
echo Press 'M' to activate/deactive, Arrows to adjust volume, and ESC to save/quit.
echo Press any Key to contiue, or wait 20 seconds to continue
read -n1 -t20 any_key
Quote:Another side not is it really doesnt seem as if the script has does much other then download the drivers and xbmc, as i do not see lirc a grafics change on boot up or auto starting xbmc

The script does all that is in the official guide and more.

To get lirc uncomment

Quote:## --[ INSTALL Linux IR Remote Control Support]--------------------------------------------------------------

#apt-get install lirc -y
vikjon0 Wrote:The script does all that is in the official guide and more.

To get lirc uncomment
ok thats good to know are there any other things that need to be uncommented for them to install?
And i imagine you just open the script in a txt editor and alter and run it again?

However the audio lvls and lirc are the least of my consurns now, as XBMC is loaded however the drivers for the ion do not seem to be active. I still get all the text garbel on load, and xbmc does not auto load etc. it just seems that alot of the script is not actully working
Agai sory for the noobness

Drew
Quote:ok thats good to know are there any other things that need to be uncommented for them to install?
And i imagine you just open the script in a txt editor and alter and run it again?

No, paste
apt-get install lirc -y
into command line and press enter.

Quote:However the audio lvls and lirc are the least of my consurns now, as XBMC is loaded however the drivers for the ion do not seem to be active. I still get all the text garbel on load, and xbmc does not auto load etc. it just seems that alot of the script is not actully working
Agai sory for the noobness

From your description I understood that you rebooted from the ALSA step?
If so you have not completed the script. If I missunderstood I have no idea what the problem is. Eitherway you have to start from scratch. Preferable with one of the offical guides so that you can ask in case you have problem with one of the steps.
Ya i think im gonna reinstall with XBMC live Ubuntu install and run individual commands in terminal as to see if each fails or not, the script seems nice if it works but u run into issues if you have problems as there is no log out put.
One last question, when you get the nvidia drivers in terminal, does it auto apply them and they become active after reboot? or is there somthing you need to change in settings
Thanks

Drew

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Acer Revo Ubuntu issues0