• 73(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
(2014-05-15, 06:10)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Wyrm,

(2014-05-15, 03:56)wyrm Wrote: I don't see the script argument "loop=False" on the TVTunes wiki anymore, does this mean it is no longer supported?

This has now been moved to the user configurable TvTunes settings. Which means the user can toggle if the track should be looped or not - this means that it is no longer needed in the window xml files.

(2014-05-15, 03:56)wyrm Wrote: I'm pretty sure that this is not correct IsEmpty(Window(movieinformation).Property("HideVideoExtrasButton")) , the quotes are not meant to be around the HideVideoExtrasButton part of that boolean statement. Also what exactly is meant to be in this property as it seems it is always shown as true?

I don't know a great deal about the skin interface to properties, but it does seem to work OK with the quotes. The value is used to work out if the "Extras" button on the VideoInfo dialog should be shown (in confluence anyway) - if there was a major issue with it I would imagine you would always see the VideoExtras button regardless of Extras existing or not (Which I do not believe is the case).

I hope this helps

Thnaks

Rob
Rob,

Thanks for the clarification. Will drop the argument in the first case and just ignore the property in the second.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hi,
this is the perfect skin for my pi with 2,8"-FBTFT.

But I have one big problem.

In
Code:
Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Settings -> General
I set "OSD Lyrics" to "none". But I always see the lyrics on the playscreen. I don't wont this.
How can I deactivate this?

dsiggi
(2014-05-17, 22:52)dsiggi Wrote: Hi,

In
Code:
I set "OSD Lyrics" to "none". But I always see the lyrics on the playscreen. I don't wont this.

dsiggi
dsiggi,

Yep just checked this out and its a bug. Will try to track down the problem and post when I have a fix. BTW, what is a 2,8" -FBTFT?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

OK, on further checking it would seem to be a problem with the Lyric script. Will followup and see if we can't get this fixed.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

(2014-05-18, 15:32)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 22:52)dsiggi Wrote: Hi,

In
Code:

dsiggi
dsiggi,

Yep just checked this out and its a bug. Will try to track down the problem and post when I have a fix. BTW, what is a 2,8" -FBTFT?

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

OK, on further checking it would seem to be a problem with the Lyric script. Will followup and see if we can't get this fixed.

Okay,
I will hope for a fast fix. Cool

A fbtft is a small TFT-Screen for the RaspberryPi which will be connectet over SPI: https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display

dsiggi
(2014-05-18, 17:07)dsiggi Wrote: Okay,
I will hope for a fast fix. Cool

A fbtft is a small TFT-Screen for the RaspberryPi which will be connectet over SPI: https://github.com/watterott/RPi-Display

dsiggi
dsiggi,

That is insane (and also kind of cool). So you are running the skin with 1/12th of its normal resolution, I really need to see pictures of that. What's the refresh rate like on that (you would need to have XBMC scale everything and then pump it across the SPI bus)?

On the Lyrics problem, I have left a message on the scripts forum, just have to wait for a reply.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-05-19, 03:39)wyrm Wrote: That is insane (and also kind of cool). So you are running the skin with 1/12th of its normal resolution, I really need to see pictures of that. What's the refresh rate like on that (you would need to have XBMC scale everything and then pump it across the SPI bus)?

On the Lyrics problem, I have left a message on the scripts forum, just have to wait for a reply.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Im running your skin with the default resolution over HDMI. Than I have modified the Fonts.xml to make the fonts a little bit bigger. And than I clone the Framebuffer of the HDMI-Port to the SPI-Framebuffer. So, the picture as a little bit wrong image ratio, but is it okay.

Here are some pictures:

Now, I will took it all in a nice case with some switches (play, pause, next, back, ...) and than I hava a nice mp3-player and internet radio.

dsiggi

Edit:
I have 2 more questions. Did your skin support extrafanart?
The other thing:
When I'm hearing music, I see the fanart as background, the CD-Label in the left, band logo on the top ... but after a few seconds I only see the background (fanart). Is it possible to show all information the whole time?

dsiggi
(2014-05-19, 15:37)dsiggi Wrote: Now, I will took it all in a nice case with some switches (play, pause, next, back, ...) and than I hava a nice mp3-player and internet radio.

dsiggi
Well that is rather cool and surprisingly reasonably viewable
Quote:Edit:
I have 2 more questions. Did your skin support extrafanart?
The other thing:
When I'm hearing music, I see the fanart as background, the CD-Label in the left, band logo on the top ... but after a few seconds I only see the background (fanart). Is it possible to show all information the whole time?

dsiggi
Yes to extrafanart, see the background menu in skin settings. Yes as long as you can access the "i" key from that screen (or whatever you have that key mapped to in your setup). "i" for info will bring up the info screen (and leave it up until you press "i" again). This has nothing to do with the skin as such, but is standard behaviour for XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

dsiggi,

sorry kind of lied to you about the extrafanart. Is available in video side of the skin, but not in the music side. I have noticed a couple of bugs in this section that need fixing, so will see what I can do to remedy this lack in the music section.

@everyone,

as I have not heard anyone speaking up for the inclusion of PseudoTV support in the skin, the next push to my googlecode page will be dropping these files from the skin.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Just a quick update on a number of outstanding issues.

I have included a work around for the can't turn off the Lyrics screen issue. The script responsible is still running, so my measures only hide this. To stop the script from running as a service (that would seem to be the problem here) you need to do the following. Go to the addons menu and click enabled addons. From there navigate to the "Lyrics" menu item and click on "Cu Lrc Lyrics" addon. Click the configuration menu item and find the setting "Run as a service" under the "Options" menu heading. This setting needs to be turned off and you then need to restart XBMC to make sure the script is not running. I'm hoping to have a better solution to this, but this rather depends on the script author, so a work in progress.

I have also looked at the extrafanart in music section and have to say I'm not really that happy with how this seems to have to be implemented. For the moment if you have the Artist Slideshow addon installed and enabled in the skin (in skins Background setting menu) you basically have the same functionality as extrafanart. I will continue to look at this and see if I can't come up with a way to implement this without the hacks that seem to be required at the moment.

The latest development update 1.4.6.1129 (now available on Passion repo) continues with the code cleanups and minor bug fixes. Hopefully the system load on the Raspberry Pi's and other light weight systems should be reduced. I have started to add a number of new things into the skin (Brazillian and Hungrian move rating images for one), so keep an eye on the skins settings menus for new options. I have also added the required skin files for Videoextras (please test as I don't have any extras as yet), and as mentioned before I have removed the skin files for PseudoTV.

As always, please report back here with any issues so that I might be able to include fixes for them in the next official release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hi@wyrm

I have 2 questions.
1 where can I find Gen 3 style Home menu?
Gen 3 style Home Menü
2 How can the names in the main menu. Videos, Movies and TV Shows change?
For example. Videos = HD Video
Movies = Children's Movies
TV = Documentation
When I click HD video I want that it goes in the folder HD video, etc.
(2014-06-05, 21:08)RaspOri Wrote: Hi@wyrm

I have 2 questions.
1 where can I find Gen 3 style Home menu?
Gen 3 style Home Menü

Get into the skins settings menu and navigate to the "Home menu" menu and the first item in that menu is the setting to change ("Home menu type"). Change setting to "Icon" for gen3 type display.
Quote:2 How can the names in the main menu. Videos, Movies and TV Shows change?
For example. Videos = HD Video
Movies = Children's Movies
TV = Documentation
When I click HD video I want that it goes in the folder HD video, etc.
Can't change the names as such, but you can change the submenus for Movies, TVShows and Music to give you what you want (its what I do here for my kids).

First of all you need to make each of those things a favourite via the local context menu ("Add to favourites"). In each of the cases you have shown you will either need to make a smart playlist or you can use some that I have provided in the skins extras/playlists sub directory. Next you will need to get into the skins settings menu again and navigate to the "Custom Favourites" menu. There select whichever menu heading you want to place these things in and click on a open favourites spot to select the smart playlists that you previously made a favourite of. Should from that point be pretty easy to figure out what is required.

If you wish to remove sub menu items (or entire menus in some cases) you can look after that in the "Home menu" menu, just select or unselect whatever you need to. If you select any sub menu items for a menu, the menu will still show up even if you tell the skin to not display a menu heading. Hey just play, you will figure it out pretty quickly.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

thank you I'll try
OK another update on current state of the skin.

For those people running the development version of the skin (1.4.6.xxxx) yesterday I removed the animate weather icons setting and replaced it with a setting to allow the user to use a custom set of weather icons. This means that if you click the "Location of Custom Weather Icons" in the skins General setting menu and navigate to "Home folder/addons/skin.xtv-saf/extras/images/weather/" will give you the icon set that was used for animated icons previously. If you have access to another icon set (maybe in another skin) you can enter the location of the icons as detailed above and have a completely different set of icons. The setting can make use of icon sets that are animated or not.

And after I finish this post I will be pushing an update to my googlecode page (and thus on to the Passion repo tomorrow morning) which adds a setting to a renamed skin setting menu called "Media entry points" (was previously called "Media Sources" ). In addition to the previous entries for Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music I have added a item to allow the user to select where the TV home menu item will navigate within the PVR section of XBMC.

Unfortunately these changes have made it necessary to change a number of skin strings, so for the time being Non English language files may be missing a few strings. This will be fixed as the translations are updated (hint, hint ;-) ).

If you are interested in what has changed recently, please take a look at the skins changelog file (the one located in skins root directory, not the one shown on the Passion repo as the Passion repo changelog does not show a lot of the changes and always seems to be one release behind). But as always, just take a look thru the skins settings menus will give you an idea of major changes within the skin.

Enjoy, and don't forget to report any problems.
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Question 
Hi@wyrm
how can add recently added movie on Movie home with icon on top Huh?

I really like this Skin.
thanks
(2014-06-23, 07:00)shuvro Wrote: Hi@wyrm
how can add recently added movie on Movie home with icon on top Huh?

I really like this Skin.
thanks
shuvro,

In skins setting menu navigate to "Custom Favourites" menu (or "Home Screen" if using 1.4.6 development branch of skin), you will see a setting at the top of each sub menu that will allow you to select what type of shelf icon to use.

Now just a few gotcha's, these settings will only show on the Horizontal or Icon home menu types, will not show on Vertical home menu type as it makes no sense to do so. Also you will not be able to change from "Icon" as a shelf image type if you don't have service.skin.widgets installed on your system (should be there as it is a skin requirement, but just in case it's not that is why you only see Icon).

Also just to warn people, I have relayed out some of the skins settings menus to make the layout more logical. As a result, depending on which version of the skin you are using will determine exactly where in the skin settings menus you need to look for things.

Most of all, take five minutes to take a look thru the skins Settings menus, as there are a pile of customisations available there and hopefully my descriptions of each setting should make it clear what each of them do.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3