• 41(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Hi Guys,

for those that have noticed, there is another update for the skin in the Passion repo.

Good news is that the horizontal home menu is back. Horizontal home menu is pretty well in it's final form (may add watchlist script support). Navigation is a little different to before. Now to get to the recently added icons on the shelf, just go up until icons hilite. You can select and play any of these icons. Also to move to a different menu you move left/right and then up/down within each menu. For the AppleTV gen2 crowd, this menu is now 99% of what it is on the AppleTV, so take it for a spin and see what you think.

From this point on, unless you can make a really good case for it, I will not add any other features for this release. Bug fixes only from now on.

Good new also for the XBox crowd, have started porting the code to the XBox. Hope to have something available thru my SVN before Christmas. As I no longer have a XBox for testing I will be relying on you guys to find and report any problems. So basically the quality of the skin on the XBox is dependant on you and your bug reports. A good idea of what I will need is provided by most of Lipo's bug reports. So a FULL debug log, screen grab and a short description of the problem (one problem to each debug log if you can please, as huge debug logs are no fun to wade thru). Also Please do NOT post partial logs directly to this forum, use pastebin.com (or something similar) and paste the address to the log file into your post.

AGAIN I repeat please post ALL of the FULL log file as there is important information in this file that will help pin down problems.

Enjoy
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
nice
itching to get bug testing started Big Grin
waiting for svn for xbox
I'm looking forward to seeing a new xbox version to and would be happy to do some testing.

As for features and I'm referencing the xbox version (it may been changed now) their is only thing that doesn't seem intuitive for me is the "scripts" menu can't added to the home page? and even find how get to scripts took me months, sound stupid I know but its hidden some were in settings section. I've been using xbmc for year's and I've never seen that any other skin.

any way keep up the good work and it not a big issue for me as I've worked out now by adding the scripts I use to favourites and adding that to the home menuSmile
marlboroman1 Wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing a new xbox version to and would be happy to do some testing.

As for features and I'm referencing the xbox version (it may been changed now) their is only thing that doesn't seem intuitive for me is the "scripts" menu can't added to the home page? and even find how get to scripts took me months, sound stupid I know but its hidden some were in settings section. I've been using xbmc for year's and I've never seen that any other skin.

any way keep up the good work and it not a big issue for me as I've worked out now by adding the scripts I use to favourites and adding that to the home menuSmile
marlboroman,

Thanks, this is the sort of thing I need to be told about (but never seem to hear). Currently working towards getting something out soon, will try to remember to include this.

Remember the squeaky hinge gets the oil. Keep squeaking Laugh

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Hi Wyrm, was looking around for a simpler skin something more in line with the standard atv skin and found this. Like it alot. It crashed on me once and I had to SSH in and delete the guisettings.xml file to get it to reboot back to Confluence. Don't know if that's a known bug, if it happens again I'll see if I can't get a log for you.

My question is actually is there a technical reason why you can't hook or lift the code for the generic overlays and graphics/layout Apple uses on their homescreen ? Having xmbc run identical to a stock atv2 would be fantastic in my opinion.
mmartell Wrote:Hi Wyrm, was looking around for a simpler skin something more in line with the standard atv skin and found this. Like it alot. It crashed on me once and I had to SSH in and delete the guisettings.xml file to get it to reboot back to Confluence. Don't know if that's a known bug, if it happens again I'll see if I can't get a log for you.

My question is actually is there a technical reason why you can't hook or lift the code for the generic overlays and graphics/layout Apple uses on their homescreen ? Having XBMC run identical to a stock atv2 would be fantastic in my opinion.
mmartell,

Just be aware that the skin is pre-eden build of XBMC from now on. So if you are using Dharma or a very early build of pre-Eden probably will crash. Running just fine on my AppleTV gen 2 and my Win7 windows box.

Re the look and feel of the skin

Technical reason :- because I don't know where the graphics are located.

But mainly because I don't want a Xmas gift from the Legal department of a VERY large consumer electronics company. With the very latest build of the skin I think that is about as close as I can get with my GIMP skills, if anyone would like to take a crack at improving the graphics, be my guest.

Just remember that XBMC is providing a heck of a lot more functionality that the plain vanilla AppleTV. Some things just will not translate, so I provide something that is in the style of Apples GUI.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

OK for the truly brave and Lipo, the XBox build of Version 1.2.0 is now available in my SVN.

If you have to ask how to download something from my googlecode page, you are NOT who this is aimed at (wait, a packaged up version will be made available in due course).

WARNING - Yes I know that the custom scripts/plugins are NOT working, but other than that things should be reasonably stable. Pointless complaining will have me getting SPIFF on your arse. At this stage I need GOOD bug reports to whip this into shape (debug logs, screen grabs and CLEAR explanations of what the problem is), as I no longer have a XBOX for test the skin with.

Also of note, I will be unavailable for a couple of weeks straight after Xmas as I'm off camping with the familyEek. Leave comments and I will get back to them when I can.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:...But mainly because I don't want a Xmas gift from the Legal department of a VERY large consumer electronics company.

Lol, I can certainly understand that. Cheers!

btw I'm running a modified build from nov.25, modded to work with IceLibrary
WOW... talking about a wild ride

the new home menu
right now im stuck with it because if i highligt movies or script & chose setting to change skin setting it ends up on movies libary or scriptHuh

missing time bar on playlist view
still on playlist

i cant seem to disable libary mode n go back to files mode

ill post debug log later on,
right now im confused how i change skin setting with the new home menuSad
I enabled the video section on the new home menu and got stuck there it didn't matter what pressed just ended up back in video section. one thing I did notice is that when first switched to the new skin "video/files" took to my sources list but after rebooted the "video/files" section was empty?
lipo Wrote:WOW... talking about a wild ride
Did warn you it might be a bit bumpy. Lets see if we can't fix things a bit.
Quote:the new home menu
right now im stuck with it because if i highligt movies or script & chose setting to change skin setting it ends up on movies libary or scriptHuh
Yep, seems to be some major problems there. Scripts should not be shown in the same menu as Movies, also neither of those should be displayed under the Music Video heading like that. Will take a look and see what I can fix before I head off for family holiday. I take it that the vertical home menu is ok (really should not be issues there)?
Quote:Image
missing time bar on playlist view
still on playlist

i cant seem to disable libary mode n go back to files mode
So this all relates to Now playing Playlist screen. Can also see another problem there, toggle image for library mode is not in the correct position. Will take a look and see what the problem is.
Quote:ill post debug log later on,
right now im confused how i change skin setting with the new home menuSad
Move right until you hilight the settings menu item. Have collapsed the various settings menus, so before you would have gone via a menu with settings, load themes etc. Now you should just go straight to the various settings menu items (with a few new ones thrown in). BTW, the horizontal home menu was not the default home menu was it? The old vertical home menu is meant to be the default, so if it is not there are some major problems there as well.

Will take a quick look and see what is going on and hopefully push some updates to the SVN (but no promises at this stage)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Did warn you it might be a bit bumpy. Lets see if we can't fix things a bit.
Yep, seems to be some major problems there. Scripts should not be shown in the same menu as Movies, also neither of those should be displayed under the Music Video heading like that. Will take a look and see what I can fix before I head off for family holiday. I take it that the vertical home menu is ok (really should not be issues there)?
im excited to try the new horizontal home menuSmile
the vertical home looks ok
Quote:Move right until you hilight the settings menu item. Have collapsed the various settings menus, so before you would have gone via a menu with settings, load themes etc. Now you should just go straight to the various settings menu items (with a few new ones thrown in). BTW, the horizontal home menu was not the default home menu was it? The old vertical home menu is meant to be the default, so if it is not there are some major problems there as well.

Will take a quick look and see what is going on and hopefully push some updates to the SVN (but no promises at this stage)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
i've tried, but right now theres no collapsed menu at all
just movies & script
if i chose setting it will end up on movie libary or script, samething happen if i chose movie, tv show, music video, music, photos , programs Sad
lipo Wrote:im excited to try the new horizontal home menuSmile
the vertical home looks ok
Have no idea why it is so vastly different on the XBox. Works just fine on Eden, but the kicker is that as far as I know I'm not using anything that is Eden only. Will keep playing and see what I can find .
Quote:i've tried, but right now theres no collapsed menu at all
just movies & script
if i chose setting it will end up on movie libary or script, samething happen if i chose movie, tv show, music video, music, photos , programs Sad
The titles between the two lines is just that, a title, you should not be able to select anything there. What you should see is a series of menus as you move left or right. The Title for a particular menu should have the highlight behind it as each menu is displayed. Maybe the menu highlight is not following the menus correctly. The other thing that maybe a problem is the some of the visible conditions are not evaluating correctly, this is the reason you do not see the progress bar on the now playing playlist display.

Will try to figure out what the issue is with the horizontal home menu, but if I can't get it working, I may have to drop this from the XBox build.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

been using latest svn rev 424

after yesterday exp with horizontal menu, ill stay away for a while & focusing more on vertical menu

more blank menu, on libary or file mode
http://pastebin.com/GG0VjwYL

i also having trouble swich back to libary mode
http://pastebin.com/9jDqEQSt

weird thing about list view, the screenshot size change after few seconds ?
it should behave like that ??
http://pastebin.com/15uFxgnL

scrool bar appear on some menu that dont needed it
http://pastebin.com/EjfyLBtJ
blank menu setting, if i stand correctly it should be programs ?
also theres no gamesaves option
http://pastebin.com/aY7ae2Ng

fanart doesnt appear on video n music both libary or file mod
strangely enough, music fanart always apper on full screen display even after i enabled visual as background

on full screen osd, it missing visual button & setting doesnt work also seeking indicator stuck at begining
http://pastebin.com/RNaPqcNn

love the new osd look, but it doesnt fully display long song title maybe you can make it scrolling ?

i hope i can post debug log in the next hour
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3