• 3(current)
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help
Appreciate your work.. Please keep up the good work.. Smile
Dullie Wrote:Appreciate your work.. Please keep up the good work.. Smile

Thanks really nice too ear some good comments. By the way you have a nice htpc system awesome look
It occurs to me that I may not have been overly supportive earlier. I should probably add that what you are doing is pretty impressive, considering how recently work on the DX branch began in the first place. Seriously, good job.
natethomas Wrote:It occurs to me that I may not have been overly supportive earlier. I should probably add that what you are doing is pretty impressive, considering how recently work on the DX branch began in the first place. Seriously, good job.

I started 6 months ago without any knowledge of c++. And a 40 hours a week job :p
tiben20 Wrote:I started 6 months ago without any knowledge of c++. And a 40 hours a week job :p

Then you also have my admiration. I didn't looked at the code yet since my new job is keeping me busy and my knowledge is rather limited in that area. Wished to have more time to learn and program Laugh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A new preview for the player.
Now when you reach the end of the stream the player stop. But if your trying to hit the stop button on the xbmc gui its still crashing. And the other important improvement is the player dont force the filters to be registered. They are only loaded everytime you play a file.
Sorry going to post the build once i got it on trac
With this version i have the same cpu utilization as with the dvdplayer Sad

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just to clarify,

this player uses the codecs that are installed in windows and not those that are builtin in xbmc(?)
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
fyi tiben20 you are breaking the gpl by posting binaries without the accompanying sources. not that i care that much just now but others might.
spiff Wrote:fyi tiben20 you are breaking the gpl by posting binaries without the accompanying sources. not that i care that much just now but others might.

Dont worry spliff as soon as i have time i will post the patch just want to clean up the code its a real mess right now.

watzen Wrote:Just to clarify,

this player uses the codecs that are installed in windows and not those that are builtin in xbmc(?)

Yes and no. Directshow is the windows api. Xbmc is using ffmpeg. The one im actually using are only a fork of mpc-hc codecs which are based on ffmpeg and they are built into the player.

xbs08 Wrote:With this version i have the same cpu utilization as with the dvdplayer Sad

I dont think the final version will be much difference than dvdplayer. The only diff you will see is when your going to play file which can use dxva
On the previous version the same file played with far less cpu utilization, that why i posted.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
tiben20, the point is that you can't do that under gpl. gpl requires you to supply the EXACT sources a binary was built with.
spiff Wrote:tiben20, the point is that you can't do that under gpl. gpl requires you to supply the EXACT sources a binary was built with.

Sorry i wont do it again ill read the gpl In the mean time ill remove the link. ill post a new one when i post it on trac.

xbs08 Wrote:On the previous version the same file played with far less cpu utilization, that why i posted.
It might be because its single threaded ill see if its better to have 2 thread for this or 1 is enough
tiben20 Wrote:Yes and no. Directshow is the windows api. Xbmc is using ffmpeg. The one im actually using are only a fork of mpc-hc codecs which are based on ffmpeg and they are built into the player.

I dont think the final version will be much difference than dvdplayer. The only diff you will see is when your going to play file which can use dxva
Tried your latest build with a 720p file, it was playing at 15fps on a Q6600. I wonder if this thread would be ok to report bugs, etc.

But I wanted to ask, about what you wrote above: would one be forced to use the mpc-hc codecs or are you planning to give the opportunity to switch between "built in" codecs and external codecs (as MPC-HC does)?
What about the sound renderer: will it be possible to use Reclock? The video renderer I guess is forced due to some SDL compatibility (so no EVR, Haali, MadVR, etc.).
how did you come to such a guess? without having looked at the code it is surely a standard render to texture and sdl isn't even used in the win32 dx builds...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]DirectShow Player Need some help1