Playback stuttering if torrents active while watching. Any ideas how to fix it?
Hello.
I am using XBMC to watch my media in Ubuntu.
If I watch something while my BitTorrent client (Azureus) is downloading then the playback stutters, presumably when Azureus writes to the HDD...

Is there any setting I can change to aleviate this issue?

Thanks,
Dan
Quote:If I watch something while my BitTorrent client (Azureus) is downloading then the playback stutters,
I am not sure this is a xbmc related question?

Anyway, Azure is using too much resources. Memory I guess. Use something else like deluge.
The simplest answer is: don't run azureus in the background. However, before you get any reasonable answer, you'll need to provide more details. Hardware, OS, xbmc version, etc.

I can tell you that while azureus is a great program, it's a cpu hog. If you're not using vdpau decoding, then hd video requires a whole lotta cpu.
You can use this: http://www.flamingspork.com/projects/libeatmydata/

Which is probably a bad idea, in the event of a crash you can lose your downloaded data and other azureus files, so make backups and be warned, or live with the stutters.
Ok, but try a different sw like deluge first. I had the same problem with Azureus on asrock ION 330. With deluge it works fine!
Thanks for the tips.
I also posted this question on the Linux forums and got the solution!
You just need to fiddle with the cache settings in Azureus and everything is silky smooth.

Cheers,
Dan
By all means, then, please post the exact answer in case someone else needs it. (i.e. to what did you change the cache settings?)
I would if I could remember exactly what I did! Smile

I do recall that because my system has a solid state drive I jacked the virtual memroy cache waaaaaaay up! I also set any and all options that would reduce or smooth out disc access.

Here is the posting on the forum that tipped me off!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1294027

Thanks,
Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback stuttering if torrents active while watching. Any ideas how to fix it?0