XBMC crash and restart on scan series
Hello I am having some problems with XBMC crashing while i scan my series folder. The crash shuts down xbmc and restart xbmc, not linux itself.
It is set to thetvdb.com as the database.
It happens evy time i scan, at diffrent series.

Xbmc debug log: http://pastebin.com/m2923c01

I am using PM3.HD as the skin.
I am using Ubuntu 9.04 i686, 32bit (Linux 2.6.28-15-generic #52-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 9 10:49:34 UTC 2009 i686)
I have installed it by installing the normal Ubuntu 9.04 with gnome, and then installing xbmc and xbmc-line.
XBMC 9.04.1 r20654 (Compiled : May 25 2009)

I hope this is enoth to help me, else just say what you need and i will get it.

Edit: I would also like to add that i just switched form Windows to Ubuntu.
It worked without any problems on windows, and all my series is maped like /showname/season xx/showname - sXXeEE - episodename.avi
Edit 2: Added the xbmc log file with the crash, the old one what the startup after the crash.
I have also tested with movie (imdb.org) workes fine, but it crashed evytime when scanning series.
I see sort of the same thing. XBMC is configured to update library at every start. Maybe four times out of five XBMC quits after scan is done. My workaround is usually to quickly navigate into music, bring up the context menu and select stop scanning.
I have activated debuglogging, but see no errors. Last line of the log file is always:
Code:
DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
or:
Code:
DEBUG: Thread 2957347728 terminating (autodelete)

I have tried different scrapers for both movies, music, tvshows and music videos. No difference.

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 and XBMC Version: 9.04.3+svn23772-jaunty1
no help? Sad
No! No help when you don't wait at least 24hrs before bumping your thread.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:No! No help when you don't wait at least 24hrs before bumping your thread.

Sorry about that, have been sitting with this for the last 20 hours. I'm getting a bit irretated at it. I'm sorry once again
Hint: Upgrade to a later version (SVN version).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Updating to the last SVN helped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crash and restart on scan series0