[REQUEST] - Library fanarts as menu backgrounds.
Any way to do this?

ie Movies menu background would cycle through all movie fanarts, TV menu background through all TV backgrounds etc.

Would be a really cool feature but I haven't seen it in any skin yet....would suit Transparency really well too, it being a "fanart skin".

Thanks a lot!

Absolutely love this skin btw Smile
you can do something like that, by selecting a custom (multi-image) background in Skin Settings > Backgrounds

you can use these two folders (that's where xbmc caches all your fanart):
userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart (contains both movies and tv show fanart)
userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey I also would like to do this. I'm using snow leopard on a mac mini. But when I go to select the image, my home folder isn't an option, I can only see external drives. BTW great skin
smush420 Wrote:Hey I also would like to do this. I'm using snow leopard on a mac mini. But when I go to select the image, my home folder isn't an option, I can only see external drives. BTW great skin

start by selecting Settings > Appearance > View options > Show hidden files and directories
if this doesn't work, you may have to add your home directory as a source in Filemanager
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I tried to the hidden extensions thing but it didn't work. When I went into filemanager my home directory was already listed, but I still can't see it when trying to select different backgrounds.
ronie Wrote:you can do something like that, by selecting a custom (multi-image) background in Skin Settings > Backgrounds

you can use these two folders (that's where xbmc caches all your fanart):
userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart (contains both movies and tv show fanart)
userdata/Thumbnails/Music/Fanart

Awesome...thanks a lot Smile

I don't suppose there's any way we could differentiate between TV fanarts and Movie fanarts for each menu though is there? Otherwise I suppose I could always go through those folders and grab the ones I want manually for each background.
kiboy6 Wrote:I don't suppose there's any way we could differentiate between TV fanarts and Movie fanarts for each menu though is there? Otherwise I suppose I could always go through those folders and grab the ones I want manually for each background.

have a look at this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=419...stcount=61
Awesome...looks like that script willdo exactly what I want Smile

BTW, if my movies already had moivename-fanart.jpg in their folder before being scanned into XBMC will the fanart still show up in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart ? (ie does XBMC copy it there?)

Thanks Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:BTW, if my movies already had moivename-fanart.jpg in their folder before being scanned into XBMC will the fanart still show up in userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart ? (ie does XBMC copy it there?)

yes. :-)
All that script does which I think is awesome is it scans your database. ID's which are Movies and which are TV shows and throws them into seperate folders. I then pointed my tv fanart and movie fanart settings in Transparency to the newly created folder locations. Everytime I add a new show or new movie I run the script and poof its all done and I forget about it. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] - Library fanarts as menu backgrounds.0