Context sensitive Multi Fanart support in Transparency!?
Hi Ronie,

I have been collecting a lot of fanart for all my favorite artists and movies:

\Music\Artist1\fanart.jpg
\Music\Artist1\fanart1.jpg
\Music\Artist1\fanart2.jpg
\Music\Artist1\fanart3.jpg
\Music\Artist2\fanart.jpg
\Music\Artist3\fanart.jpg
\Music\Artist3\fanart1.jpg
\Music\Artist3\fanart2.jpg
etc...

What I would like to see is that when a song from Artist1 is playing, Transparency! will display a slideshow of the fanart images available for this artist (and similar for movies).
I have been trying to read the 9.10 scope, but it is unclear to me if this will be implemented in 9.10. If it is not implemented, is this something you may consider for an upcoming Transparency! release ?

In my opinion, this would bring the fanart concept to the next level.
Always wondered myself if this could be done. I can understand why it wouldnt work in library mode as the fanart is all cached, but for file mode where trancparency pulls the fanart from the directory on the fly id have thought it would be possible.
i've been thinking about it in the past but decided not to implement it back then.
the issue with creating a slideshow is, that it will use all the images that are in the artist folder. so this will not only include your fanart images,
but also the artist thumb (folder.jpg) if present....and i don't think that would look good.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i've been thinking about it in the past but decided not to implement it back then.
the issue with creating a slideshow is, that it will use all the images that are in the artist folder. so this will not only include your fanart images,
but also the artist thumb (folder.jpg) if present....and i don't think that would look good.

what about to use an extra folder for multi fanart like ".extra-fanart" like the ".extra-thumb" used in multiplex view in the aeon skin?
francyboy Wrote:what about to use an extra folder for multi fanart like ".extra-fanart" like the ".extra-thumb" used in multiplex view in the aeon skin?

sure, that would probably work.
as far as i know Aeon uses '/extrathumbs' so '/extrafanart' would be the most logical thing to use.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
This sounds like a good solution to me. Please let us know if you decide to put some work into this, Ronie. I'll then have to go through all my major artists and add as much quality fanart as possible to each and every one of them. Quite a lot of work, but the end result will be amazing. Imagine playing your collection in "party mode" / Vizualization view with fanart enabled. Whenever you play an artist, a fanart slideshow of that artists will be displayed :-)
i'll add it to my todo list.
it shouldn't be to hard to get it to work.
This is highly appreciated. I really look forward to this! Thanks!
As well apps like MediaInfoPlus create that extrathumb folder. Doesn't populate it thou.
I have started preparing for this cool feature. Should I put all fanart images in the /extrafanart folder, or leave one fanart.jeg at the main level ?
thomash72 Wrote:I have started preparing for this cool feature. Should I put all fanart images in the /extrafanart folder, or leave one fanart.jeg at the main level ?

you should alway leave one fanart.jpg in the artist folder, so xbmc can use it.
all extra fanart images should go in the /extrafanart folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context sensitive Multi Fanart support in Transparency!?0