XBMC Windows REMOTE help
Hello all

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a simple solution for me.

I have just finished building a new HPTC to connect to my KURO LX6090 and the picture and sound are fantastic and it really looks great when using XBMC which is its primary function, however, as the unit comes with a remote, its a perfect chance do away with the keyboard and mouse and make it a real amchair machine.

Now the case (Origenas S14V) comes with a Philips RC197 Windows MCE remote and the necessary innards to receieve the remote signals (comprising of a receiver inside and LCD screen and irTrans Software to receive the remote signals, and I know that it is receiving the signals as there is some software to show commans that are being received within windows...however, no matter what I have tried so far, the computer doesnt seem to do anything with the signals, its as if its not connected but as per last comment, I know that is not the case as windows can see the remote signals.

Am I missing something, is there some sort of portal/conduit/software between windows and XBMC that I need to be installing, or should XBMC just recieve annd understand the commands that I know the PC is receiving..........I'm not normally this easily confused by matters of the PC....but i am really stuck this time so any suggestions or help would be really appreciated.

I have also tried the same remote in MCE and it also does nothing here either...any assistance would be really appreictaed as Im starting to get a little annoyed at myself and my new box now

Thanks in advance

Jon
There are quite a few threads on this already...however, having done this recently myself;

My advice is install EVENTGHOST, with MCE and XBMC plugins.
hamd01 Wrote:There are quite a few threads on this already...however, having done this recently myself;

My advice is install EVENTGHOST, with MCE and XBMC plugins.

ill give that a go tonight, thanks for your help
I have both an MCE remote (RC6 I think), and an original Xbox remote with Xbox to USB dongle for connection to my computer. I've been trying to use both and have set-up EventGhost for use with the Xbox remote right now. The MCE remote will let me use the directional pad, but I'm not sure how to program the rest of it. With EventGhost I've been able to use someone else's predefined map for use with my Xbox remote, but it seems to lag, and stutter a lot. When I used the Xbox remote with my modded xbox it worked perfectly, but with XBMC for windows it seems to occasionally miss my input, or act as if I pressed the button twice. It is especially flawed when holding down a button for scrolling through long lists. I imagine this is because I'm using some 3rd party software to recognize input. Since my set-up seems to have some sort of native support for the MCE remote, I think that might be a better bet, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to set it up. I've read numerous posts and the wiki, but I haven't been able to figure this out. If anyone can give me a step-by-step process to get it working I'd be most grateful. Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Windows REMOTE help0