Power-ON/OFF (and Reboot) the Xbox with the (IR/InfraRed) DVD-remote?
waldo22 Wrote:It's called XIR.

http://www.xir.us

Is the site just down today or are these not sold anymore? I googled around and the only places these appear to be sold at are here and cheaplpc and both are down. Are these sold anywhere else?
LakersFan Wrote:Is the site just down today or are these not sold anymore? I googled around and the only places these appear to be sold at are here and cheaplpc and both are down. Are these sold anywhere else?

It looks to be back up today.

I bought 2 last week, so it should be fine.

Use the "pro" version if you're using an HTPC, or get the "easy" version if you going to do an Xbox.

-Wes
You're right, it's back up. Thanks for the tip, Wes. (I'm going the "easy" route Wink)
I've been using the XBMC software for a couple of years now and I finally got around to getting a used remote/dongle, the Microsoft one. I can use the remote to power off the Xbox or reset it, but for some reason no buttons will turn it on "from cold". Is there something wrong with my remote?

Just kidding. I read the thread before hitting reply, don't worry. Big Grin

Has anyone ordered an XIR kit recently? I see the last post here dates back to last year, and the XIR site works and lists both Easy and Pro kits as in stock, but before I send payment I want to be sure the product is still available. I've contacted the email addresses listed on the site, just wanted to check here while I'm waiting for a reply.
zackpliskin Wrote:I've been using the XBMC software for a couple of years now and I finally got around to getting a used remote/dongle, the Microsoft one. I can use the remote to power off the Xbox or reset it, but for some reason no buttons will turn it on "from cold". Is there something wrong with my remote?

Just kidding. I read the thread before hitting reply, don't worry. Big Grin

Has anyone ordered an XIR kit recently? I see the last post here dates back to last year, and the XIR site works and lists both Easy and Pro kits as in stock, but before I send payment I want to be sure the product is still available. I've contacted the email addresses listed on the site, just wanted to check here while I'm waiting for a reply.

When you get a response, can you please report back as i'm looking to buy a couple as well.
Bigkidoz Wrote:When you get a response, can you please report back as i'm looking to buy a couple as well.

No response from the maker as yet, but I'll keep you posted.
Got a reply:

GreenGiant Wrote:Hello,

Yes I have them in stock. Technially I build to order, so as I get orders I build units.

Regards,

GG

I've asked to order an easy XIR kit, don't know if you just send him your shipping details etc or he directs you to an online order form, but the good news is you can still get 'em!
zackpliskin Wrote:Got a reply:

I've asked to order an easy XIR kit, don't know if you just send him your shipping details etc or he directs you to an online order form, but the good news is you can still get 'em!

Great thanks, i was going to order the diy job but for the extra $3 its worth it just so i dont to have to destroy it yourself.
I bought one of these about a 2 months ago, It took about 10days to arrive to my door in NZ. So i guess about the same for you BigKidoz
Paybac Wrote:I bought one of these about a 2 months ago, It took about 10days to arrive to my door in NZ. So i guess about the same for you BigKidoz

Was that via regular post ?
Another cheap option (and relatively fast shipping) is this puppy from DealExtreme:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13147

You can easily program a Harmony or any other remote to control the power. The only catch is that you have to jam in the power button of the XBOX (I just used a small piece of metal)....basically, you want the power of the XBOX to always be on, so that the outlet's on/off state is able to control the "true" power on/power off that you're looking for.
Bigkidoz Wrote:Was that via regular post ?

Yea it was just standard international Airmail i believe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power-ON/OFF (and Reboot) the Xbox with the (IR/InfraRed) DVD-remote?2