Thanks a lot! And a little bit of a question.
Thumbs Up 
Hi! I'm very new to xbmc, in fact i just learned about it yesterday and spent the whole day figuring out how everything fits together. And I could say I'm really impressed, specially with ronie's Transparency! skin!

Great job there ronie! Big Grin I'm just posting this to get a feel of the community. I'd keep looking around to see how I could help.

Although, for now. I have just a question about the CD & DVD case mod. Right now with the current build of Transparency, the jewel cases for the DVDs and CDs are the same, and I think is causing a problem with cover flow.

Here's a screenshot:

It's not really a big deal cause I'm not really fond of coverflow but it could be annoying for other people.

And also, I saw from an earlier version CD & DVD case mod that the jewelcase for the CDs are different and they do look better:

Is there a way that I could change it back to this one? I haven't really looked around the skinning mechanism of xbmc yet so please bear with me. Smile

Thanks again!
gibrael Wrote:Hi! I'm very new to xbmc, in fact i just learned about it yesterday and spent the whole day figuring out how everything fits together. And I could say I'm really impressed, specially with ronie's Transparency! skin!

Great job there ronie! Big Grin I'm just posting this to get a feel of the community. I'd keep looking around to see how I could help.

hi there, and welcome to the forums :-)
just take your time to find your way around here and you'll soon find there's plenty of ways to help out on numerous things.

gibrael Wrote:Although, for now. I have just a question about the CD & DVD case mod. Right now with the current build of Transparency, the jewel cases for the DVDs and CDs are the same, and I think is causing a problem with cover flow.

Here's a screenshot:

It's not really a big deal cause I'm not really fond of coverflow but it could be annoying for other people.

yup, the double cover is a small itsy pitsy tiny little bug in the skin.
it will be gone in the next release of Transparency!

gibrael Wrote:And also, I saw from an earlier version CD & DVD case mod that the jewelcase for the CDs are different and they do look better:

Is there a way that I could change it back to this one? I haven't really looked around the skinning mechanism of xbmc yet so please bear with me. Smile

it can be done, if you want to get your hands dirty.
you'd have to start by downloading the uncompressed texture sources of Transparency!.
extract the zip file and replace the cdcase.png image with whatever cd case you had in mind. make sure (and this is the tricky part) your new case has the same size/dimensions as the original, otherwise the cd cover won't fit properly.
you may also have to recreate the cdcase-shadow.png image if it doesn't fit your new case.

when all that is done, recreate the Textures.xpr file and you should be good to go.

have fun. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks! Can't wait for another update of T! Big Grin

BTW, with "recreate the textures.xpr" do you mean recompile it using vs.net? Is there an easier way to do that? If not, then i'm off to download the xdk and xbmctex then. Big Grin
gibrael Wrote:Thanks! Can't wait for another update of T! Big Grin

BTW, with "recreate the textures.xpr" do you mean recompile it using vs.net? Is there an easier way to do that? If not, then i'm off to download the xdk and xbmctex then. Big Grin

you don't need that. there's a precompiled XBMCTex.exe included in the xbmc source tree.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thanks a lot! And a little bit of a question.0