Donating
Unfortunately there's no easy way to track incremental donations - but they will give you a warm fuzzy feeling Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-20, 18:29)DDDamian Wrote: Unfortunately there's no easy way to track incremental donations - but they will give you a warm fuzzy feeling Smile

Good enough. Thanks for the reply!
XBMCbuntu 11.0
Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray HD-ID34
URC RF-20 (configured with Flirc)
What is expected of me when it comes to add-ons? Do I need to hunt them down myself or is there a centralized list with links for donating where applicable?

I got Kodi sorted with what I think is fair for now. I will figure out what to charge myself/donate for every 3rd upgrade later. You would think donating would be easy but when you are obsessed with being fair it is no picnic.

Thanks for the hard work. Sorry to resurrect a super old thread but I dislike starting new ones on a support board.
A lot of add-on authors who accept donations will have a link in their support threads. For add-ons in the kodi.tv add-on repo, you can find those forum links at http://addons.kodi.tv
Great. Thanks. I am still finding my way around. I think when I added Back Row it automatically downloaded some other add-ons. I will figure it all out eventually. I wish I remembered where I learned that Kodi worked on FireTV because it has been a game changer for me. In comparison I can't believe I was ever satisfied with Boxee Box.
(2009-10-26, 18:03)johan77 Wrote: Question: did you have to do anything to get the nifty red name on the forum? I donated USD 50 on 2009-06-13 through Paypal and asked to get the forum name / donor list update, but nothing happened

Not to pester anyone but I am proud to donate to Kodi and I would like to encourage anyone else to do the same. Is the guy AWOL again or is this not a thing you do anymore? If this is something that is done monthly or some other schedule I apologize and I don't mind waiting.
I don't think there's any official schedule. Pike just updates names every once in a while. If you still haven't been bumped in a week, shoot me a PM and I'll bump him.
Hello all

I have been using Kodi/XBMC since 2010. I love this product and the individual that support it.

Last week I had a massive issue with my music library, but hanks to individuals such as @DaveBlake , @black_eagle and @Karellen who educated, guided, help me and most of all showed patience and understanding with this old and pedant individual.

As a thank you for their support I decided to donate 100 euros earlier this week. I am on a limited pension and unfortunately this is all i can afford.

The least I would have expected is a thank you from some one in admin. But i guess courtesy and savoir vivre is out the door in this day and age

William Bravin ...Bikerdude
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Hello @BikerDude

Thank you for the donation. It is greatly appreciated Smile

Unfortunately we do not see all the donations as they are handled by a bookkeeper that none of us have ever met.

The only time we are made directly aware of a donation is when you add your username to the donation and request donor status. Then either myself or darrenhill will update your user account. Did you add your username as we did not receive any notification. Let us know if you did, then we will pm you with some further questions to help us trace the transaction and then add you to the Donor group.

Thanks again Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The donor status is fixed anyway...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Addressing this old thread might be an opportune time (given an upcoming devcon) to suggest that Kodi is contingent on community support, not only from developers, volunteers but also users.

The title of this thread might be the stimulate.

Paypal - donations can be made to either donate@xbmc.org or donate@kodi.tv

Patreon - via https://www.patreon.com/teamkodi

Amazon Smile - via https://smile.amazon.com/ch/47-4565769 (purchases via the US Amazon.com only)
Is there any way that the 'donate' buttons on the forum, can be directed to somewhere that users can donate? As at present, they only redirect back to the forum at present?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
We're looking to put together a temporary wiki page with donation links and suchlike (the button should normally point to the donation web page on our currently missing website).

However the main focus is of course on getting a suitable hosting solution in place that we can have the proper web page in the first place.

Donations are still possible at least via Paypal (to donate@xbmc.org or donate@kodi.tv ) and Patreon (via https://www.patreon.com/teamkodi) , as we've had both in the past couple of days since the website went down. We can also accept donations whilst you shop at Amazon Smile.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can throw up a temp page with all the links and you guys can point kodi.tv if that helps in the short term? PM me if this is a suitable arrangement for the short term.
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
I've added a thread to the announcement section detailing some donation routes ( here ).

I'll pass your offer on to the rest of the board, but hopefully the situation can be resolved soon (we're in discussions towards that) to make the whole thing unnecessary.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Donating1