Zotac ION, audio resampling issues
Hello!

I suppose some of you have an ION board from Zotac, so this is a good place to ask.
I'm having issues with the sound being resampled via HDMI. I haven't been able to figure out, how to get bit perfect playback from it.

If I play a flac file with 44kHz, the receiver (Denon 2808) gets a PCM stream with 48kHz. Also, I can't play a dts encoded wav file either, it just returns static. The Denon will show that it's getting a 2 channel PCM whilst XBMC clearly shows a 6ch dts track playing. (I'm running ubuntu 9.04 and XBMC from the svn.)

I've got no problem with AC3 or dts when watching movies, be it a DVD or something else. In this case, the passthrough works perfectly, as the source is already encoded at 48kHz.

The option to downsample multichannel sound is disabled.

What am I missing? The upsampling does muck up the sound noticeably and I'd rather have the Denon do the decoding - it's quite good at that Laugh

Maybe you have some pointers. I was searching through the forum, but haven't been able to really find an answer to that problem. I don't think XBMC is the culprit here, could it be the nvidia sound chip?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59877
HTPC: Zotac ION 330 on Linux Gentoo/Ubuntu BD Remote (bdremote-ng) 20x4 USB LCD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION, audio resampling issues0