• 5(current)
[Mod] MiniMeedia
yep that's real laziness.Nod
I set them in 2-3 minutes.

I could upload the skin including my backgrounds/weatherfanart/weather-icons/genre-icons but the skin size would grow from 3MB to 3GB Rofl
nice release waffa.

one thing i noticed is that you have SetFoucs(9000) in the SystemInfo screen i moved that into the includes.. just a cleaner way to do it.. but still works. haven't come across any other problems that are skin related at the moment.. i am out of ideas too..
vajonam Wrote:nice release waffa.

one thing i noticed is that you have SetFoucs(9000) in the SystemInfo screen i moved that into the includes.. just a cleaner way to do it.. but still works. haven't come across any other problems that are skin related at the moment.. i am out of ideas too..

well, the latest idea is to Set Focus on Movies or TV or whatever the user wants in the main menu. At the moment this requires some hacking around with the Home.xml and move elements around. I will attach a diff for this so that is configurable in settings
That would be a nice extra feature for the users Nod

I'm looking into Home screen also.Big Grin
Fooling around with Catogory icons, of course with nice animation while scroll and thinking on making them dynamic. (very subtle and after delay)
I'm using MiniMeedia Waffa v1.4 and I can't figure out why Fanart for my movies doesn't work right. When you scroll through the movies it will only show two movie backdrops in a row then on the next the default looking brown background, it looks almost like a brown paper bag. Go onto the next movie then it will show two more in a row then nothing on the next, etc etc. I'm running an Xbox and I have resized my fanart to 960 x 540 thinking that would correct it but no go. Switching views doesn't help nor does turning off animation. I really dig this skin and I want it to work good.

Forgot to mention that if you reverse and go back to the missing fanart it will show up. But then going forward again starts it all over again.
Waffa Wrote:That would be a nice extra feature for the users Nod

I'm looking into Home screen also.Big Grin
Fooling around with Catogory icons, of course with nice animation while scroll and thinking on making them dynamic. (very subtle and after delay)

waffa, got a nice bit of code here for you. its called updatelatest.py.

I call this from a cron job that looks for changes or added movies. This basically calls the UpdateLibrary and then waits until that is done, then calls the latest.py. So whenever I turn on my TV the XBMC is should what is the latest and greatest movie/tv show you have. This is useful when using RSS scrapers for downloading tv shows etc.

this also in my git repo if you'd get it from there.
Code:
import xbmc
from xbmcgui import Window

class Main:
    # grab the home window
    WINDOW = Window( 10000 )

def __init__( self ):
        self._update_lib_and_latest();

def _update_lib_and_latest ( self ):
        xbmc.output(msg='Udate script called' , level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
        xbmc.executebuiltin('UpdateLibrary(video)');
        xbmc.sleep(3000)
        while True :
                isScanning= xbmc.getCondVisibility('Library.IsScanning')
                xbmc.output(msg='Library scanning status: ' + str(isScanning                                                                                                                ) , level=xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
                xbmc.sleep(1000)
                if not isScanning:
                        break
        xbmc.executescript('special://skin/scripts/latest/latest.py')

if ( __name__ == "__main__" ):
    Main()

I also added an item in the movies submenu to update library just to force an update. So I just call this script from the menu items. works like a charm.

movies submenu new item.

Code:
<item id="6">
            <description>Update library</description>
            <label>$LOCALIZE[653]</label>
            <onclick>RunScript(special://skin/scripts/latest/updatelatest.py)</onclick>
          </item>

i have included your latest release into my git repo + my mod as well .
updatelatest.py..... doesn't it take a lot of time Huh
And looked at your git repo and couldn't find the updatelatest script.

d00dtv Wrote:I'm using MiniMeedia Waffa v1.4 and I can't figure out why Fanart for my movies doesn't work right. When you scroll through the movies it will only show two movie backdrops in a row then on the next the default looking brown background, it looks almost like a brown paper bag. Go onto the next movie then it will show two more in a row then nothing on the next, etc etc. I'm running an Xbox and I have resized my fanart to 960 x 540 thinking that would correct it but no go. Switching views doesn't help nor does turning off animation. I really dig this skin and I want it to work good.

Forgot to mention that if you reverse and go back to the missing fanart it will show up. But then going forward again starts it all over again.

Hmmm strange, are you using a very recent build Huh
I'm using r23425 and works fine.
Did try r25010 and had problems with that one, and not only with minimeedia (Waffa).
But I did't had the time to test properly.Blush
Quote:Hmmm strange, are you using a very recent build
I'm using r23425 and works fine.
I'm using r23063 so it's not too old. Weird thing is that the non Waffa version of MiniMeedia works fine. I like yours better since it has the extra view layouts and stuff.
Waffa Wrote:updatelatest.py..... doesn't it take a lot of time Huh
And looked at your git repo and couldn't find the updatelatest script.

Rolleyes ah didn't add it to the git, its up there now.

well the point of this script was that i can call it from an external job that watches for movies. when that script is called. it will update the lib and then call latest.py this way the home screen will always be upto date. this is out of date at the moment if movies are added to the library and an update is triggered via HTTP api etc.

Also in Home.xml i've added a submenu for DVD, with eject and play. I haven't localized it yet. will get around to that.
d00dtv Wrote:I'm using r23063 so it's not too old. Weird thing is that the non Waffa version of MiniMeedia works fine. I like yours better since it has the extra view layouts and stuff.
Your right !! Blush
I will look at it Big Grin
Wanted to give you an update. I installed v1.5 and the problem is a little better but not gone. At least now you can scroll and the background images do appear but you cannot go fast at all. You have to pause at least 1-2 seconds between scrolls. Is this a preloading issue?
On a side note, is the Waffa version exactly like the non Waffa version? Reason being is that the Waffa version seems more sluggish on an xbox versus the regular MiniMeedia.
The extra views use extra memory that's the problem.
If I disable a few views (mine or default), memory is ok for the xbox.

Wil look into the code but it's already very clean.
I'm thinking of an option to disable views in movies/tvshows which you don't use/like anyway.
Focus (skin) has this option to disable views and in the short time I could test (you know wife and tv Angry ) it looks like it will use less memory when some views disabled.

Maybe you could do some more test, enable debug logging (system/setttings/sytem) and you will see the free memory on your screen.

If memory goes up by disabling views in focus let me know !
I could do the same trick for MiniMeedia Waffa !
Quote:The extra views use extra memory that's the problem.
If I disable a few views (mine or default), memory is ok for the xbox.
Ah I see now. Weird though how that would have any effect but I'm not an expert in xml. I guess the extra views are in an "always on" mode? Creating an option to turn some views off would be a great idea. Or code to have the current view only use memory but that maynot be possible.
Is there a way to simply edit a file or files to remove some of the views? Or is this just too much editing involved?
Yes. You can test/play with it....Nod
Make first copies of the ViewsCommen.xml and ViewsExtra.xml so you have a backup. (located in skin/720p)

And simply delete the view you want to delete.
In ViewsCommen are the default views and in Views Extra mine.

Simply rename for example viewscommen will also work and lose all default views and gain a lot of memory.

This is simpel en effective but you need to do more if you want to do it properly...views are still visible in optionsmenu for example...

But I'm still working on this, just don't have a lot of time now.
I want this skin also to work for the xbox like you do Nod
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] MiniMeedia2