TV Tuner in a ZOTAC IONITX-A-U?
I see the the zotac board has a pci-express x1 slot that is currently being used for the wireless-n adapter. What I can't tell from the pictures is if it's a standard pci-express slot where I can swap a low profile tv tuner for the unnecessary wireless (using a cable like THIS)? I would love to have xbmc w/mythTV in such a small form factor.

Another question if it is possible, would the small atom 330 be able to handle mythTV functions? I know that the nVidia 9400 is what does all the work with HD video, but would the 330 choke/stutter with TV playback and navigation?
I have read (don't remember where) that the mini pci-e slot can only be used with the wifi card. Not sure on that though. But remember, it's mini.
Well that changes everything. I found an adapter for converting a mini PCIe to PCIe but it was $100 and I had to find a way to augment the power required.

EDIT: Well it looks like my needs have been met. The new ion F-E has a x16 PCIe slot that can use a x1 card as well. Looks like it will be available early next month.

Now if they can only make a model with their external power brick...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner in a ZOTAC IONITX-A-U?0