Implementing the -CDn stacking schema
exactly - the default stacking settings for the "simple stacking" mode should work for most of the common stacking formats - i.e. "-cd1", "-cd2", etc. and "-part1", "-part2", etc. note that this works very similar to how xbmp used to work - you must have the volume prefix at the end of the file name, just before the .avi or .mpg or whatever.

you should only need to mess with the settings.xml if you want to use some other naming convention.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Thumbs Up 
thanks gglaze :thumbsup: ...one question (i have not tried it yet); does xbmc default (on clean install) to "simple", "fuzzy" or no stacking? Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i think jm may have changed this a bit, so i'll have to look at how it is set up now - i had it working so that it would recognize your existing settings - so if you had stacking turned on (fuzzy), it should still be fuzzy, and if you had it off, it would still be off - thus you would need to explicitly change to simple the first time. however, this should be pretty easy, since it is all controlled on the same screen when you are browsing video.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
yeah, i did change it slightly to make it more transparent in the code.

instead of two bools to control the stacking, i replaced it with a single int. so previous settings will be lost, but imo that was a small sacrifice than having the code a bit cleaner.

it defaults to no stacking.

thanks again to gglaze for doing all the work on this!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

so....

has this been added into the current xbmc builds(as of when)? or only in custom builds?

thanks
(jazkal @ nov. 02 2004,20:09 Wrote:has this been added into the current xbmc builds(as of when)? or only in custom builds?
team-xbmc don't release "builds" (see faq). it has been added to xbmc cvs (source code) if that's what your'e asking.
hi all, i read all the posts but i'm still a little bit confused.
i'm going to translate the strings for italian language but i still don't understand the difference between simple and fuzzy stacking.
to find the right word in italian for "fuzzy" i need to understand what it does respect the simple mode.
can anybody explain me in a easyer way both modes?
tnx Smile
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
simple stacking will only stack files if they are named like ie moviw-cd1.avi movie-cd2.avi .....
advanced stacking uses fuzzy logic to detect the files to be stacked. it checks the files and stacks everything that is similar top a certain point like 123moviename.avi, moviename456.avi, movie789name.avi (moviename is the same in all files so they will get stacked).
hi kotix,
the word "fuzzy" is not actually used in the user interface - it is only used inside the code to describe the algorithm. the user interface has the following options:

stacking: off
stacking: simple
stacking: smart

in italian, i would translate these to:

stacking: spento
stacking: semplice
stacking: furbo

the display space is quite limited for these strings, otherwise perhaps i would use a longer word like intelligente. anyways, i think furbo is a little bit more divertente anyways.

i'm not sure if you have a better word for "stacking" - let me know.

a proposito, fammi sapere se vorresti collaborare in altre traduzzioni!
g

edit:
ok, or maybe "avanzato" instead of "furbo"...
and maybe "reggruppamento" for "stacking"?
i think we are not going to have enough space for these long words.

wow, great answers!! my compliment for your italian too Smile
i have everything clear now.
i'm pushing my head for 2 days now to find a better word for stacking, but still no good ones, i'll make a post in some italian forum to find some help.
smart for me is clear enought and i'd like to leave it like it is, but i'll ask some suggestion anyway.
tnx for now, for all your work.
:thumbsup:
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
hi,

the stacking works great, just as i always wanted.

however, i'm still seeing problems with imdb scanning. i have waynes world-cd1 & -cd2 and also waynes world 2-cd1 & -cd2 but for some reason when i scan either one using imdb it updates both films with the same info rather than just one.

is this an oversight or something that cant be helped?

thanks again anyway!
the imdb stuff is a separate todo - it will be one of the next things i look at, and i'll try to re-use a lot of the code that was created for this feature.
(weavus @ nov. 04 2004,10:05 Wrote:i'm still seeing problems with imdb scanning. i have waynes world-cd1 & -cd2 and also waynes world 2-cd1 & -cd2 but for some reason when i scan either one using imdb it updates both films with the same info rather than just one.

@Weavus, please address your conserns in the (correct) feature request thread instead => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=7084
(gamester17 @ nov. 08 2004,11:05 Wrote:
(weavus @ nov. 04 2004,10:05 Wrote:i'm still seeing problems with imdb scanning. i have waynes world-cd1 & -cd2 and also waynes world 2-cd1 & -cd2 but for some reason when i scan either one using imdb it updates both films with the same info rather than just one.

@Weavus, please address your conserns in the (correct) feature request thread instead => http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=7084
sorry i didn't know this was a seperate feature request. looks like gglaze is on the case anyway Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Implementing the -CDn stacking schema0