Dock visibility after resuming from standby
Hi there,

I've had a look to see if there's any tickets open for this but I haven't been able to find any, so I'm unsure if this is a problem being seen by anyone else.

I have XBMC running on a Mac Mini. After a period of time, XBMC is set to put the machine to sleep. When resuming from sleep, the dock appears. Alt-Tabbing between Finder and XBMC doesn't get rid of it, and I need to fully quit XBMC and restart.

In addition to this, I periodically VNC into the Mac Mini. I've noticed that quite frequently (although not always), the mouse pointer doesn't disappear off screen when XBMC is subsequently started, or in some cases, disappears from the main menu but reappears and stays on screen when playing video.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance, Dan

Edit: I should note that neither of these issues occur in Plex. Maybe something already encountered and fixed, or just more specific OSX code?
sintaxasn Wrote:Hi there,

I've had a look to see if there's any tickets open for this but I haven't been able to find any, so I'm unsure if this is a problem being seen by anyone else.

I have XBMC running on a Mac Mini. After a period of time, XBMC is set to put the machine to sleep. When resuming from sleep, the dock appears. Alt-Tabbing between Finder and XBMC doesn't get rid of it, and I need to fully quit XBMC and restart.

In addition to this, I periodically VNC into the Mac Mini. I've noticed that quite frequently (although not always), the mouse pointer doesn't disappear off screen when XBMC is subsequently started, or in some cases, disappears from the main menu but reappears and stays on screen when playing video.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance, Dan

Edit: I should note that neither of these issues occur in Plex. Maybe something already encountered and fixed, or just more specific OSX code?

It would be helpful to actually include version info otherwise we have no clue which version of XBMC for Mac you are running and cannot determine if this is an old bug, new bug or user error.
davilla Wrote:It would be helpful to actually include version info otherwise we have no clue which version of XBMC for Mac you are running and cannot determine if this is an old bug, new bug or user error.

Terribly sorry. Was concentrating so hard on being succinct that I forgot the basics!

It's occurred on every build I've tried from 22514 up until 24020 so in all likelyhood, it's still occurring in the latest SVN. This is running on Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini (Early 2008) with an Nvidia GeForce 9400M, connected to an LCD TV (1920 x 1080 @ 60hz)

Any more info I can provide?

Thanks, Dan
sintaxasn Wrote:Terribly sorry. Was concentrating so hard on being succinct that I forgot the basics!

It's occurred on every build I've tried from 22514 up until 24020 so in all likelyhood, it's still occurring in the latest SVN. This is running on Snow Leopard on a Mac Mini (Early 2008) with an Nvidia GeForce 9400M, connected to an LCD TV (1920 x 1080 @ 60hz)

Any more info I can provide?

Thanks, Dan

Much better. Will look into it this week end, please create a trac ticket describing the issue and the above info. Trac tickets are golden and will not get lost like forum posts. You can CC me on the ticket.
davilla Wrote:Much better. Will look into it this week end, please create a trac ticket describing the issue and the above info. Trac tickets are golden and will not get lost like forum posts. You can CC me on the ticket.

Thanks, I've submitted as ticket #7491.

Cheers, Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dock visibility after resuming from standby0