XBMC 9.04.1r20654 - several issues audio, subtitles, cover art, manual
Question 
Setup: Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit fully updated
XBMC from Launchpad PPA - ver. 9.04.1 r20654
Keyboard/mouse navigation only

Issue 1: while watching a film if I click to bring up the OSD that is in the form of a cross, if I click on the top icon (speaker), XBMC immediately crashes and disappears. The same occurs if I hit the letter "R" on the keyboard for "rewind".

Issue 2a (subtitles on/off): I was getting very annoyed that I couldn't find a setting for turning subtitles on/off globally. A search brought up a thread on the issue wherein an XBMC developer (ALTHEKILLER) stated:

Quote:By default, subtitles are enabled, and the default player settings (which each newly added video inherits) also have them enabled.

He further explained how turning subtitles off would turn them off "globally" for all movies in the database and all newly added movies. However, the thread didn't make very clear how subtitles were actually turned on/off for all movies.

I finally stumbled upon the fact that hitting "T" on the keyboard, while watching a movie, toggles subtitles on and off, so for the time being, I'm satisfied. I'm not sure if this also has the global effect the XBMC developer mentioned.

Issue 2b (multiple subtitle selection) - I see no obvious (read intuitive) way by keyboard or mouse to select between 2 subtitles embedded in HD x264 mkv movie files. Can this be done from the keyboard or using the mouse; if so, how?

[SOLVED] Issue 3 (cover art): I can't find a setting that allows XBMC to rescan the database for changes to movie cover art. I have each of my movies in a separate sub-folder with an associated "folder.jpg" cover art file for the movie. After the initial installation of XBMC I re-edited or changed several of the "folder.jpg" files, but the changes are not being picked up by XBMC when I restart the program. How can I get the changes noted by XBMC?

Issue 4 (pdf manual): Has a down-loadable PDF version of the on line manual been written?

Thanks.
1. You're using an ancient version of XBMC. Any bugs there have almost certainly been fixed and superseded by new, shinier bugs Wink

2. See the audio settings panel from the video OSD.

4. Ages ago, yes, so almost certainly miles out of date. We have very few contributions as-is to maintaining the online manual. Help is always welcome in this regard!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 9.04.1r20654 - several issues audio, subtitles, cover art, manual0