as some of you might know, Apple released a 3.0 software update for the ATV, which renders Launcher (< 3.2) unusable.
We've been working with the guys from awkwardtv.org (special thanks to |bile|, the guy that does nitoTV) to get something running and currently it looks like we got it working.
As pretty much noone tested this, please use this only if you're comfortable with the commandline, ssh and such. If you're not on 3.0 yet, you might want to wait until this is working properly and a new patchstick was made.
Source / changelog available on Launcher's googlecode page
Here we go:
1) "patchstick" the 3.0 ATV
2) ssh into it and download Launcher-3.2.beta3-debug.run
3) install Launcher chmod +x Launcher.. ; ./Launcher-3.2...
4) install XBMC with Launcher or just re-symlink your old install (ln -s /Users/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/XBMC.app)
If something is broken, crashes, etc. please post in this thread and pastebin CrashReporter.log (~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/CrashReporter.log) and console.log (/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log).
Once you've got Launcher running, you can add an additional update source that will have the current testing version with:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCAdditionalDownloadPlistURLs -array-add http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/858897/XBMC/update_urls.plist
Thanks and happy testing!
- atv 3.0 compatibility
- cleanup in update controller
- added images in Settings and Downloads
- fixed crash when iPhone Remote App was used
- added: pass (some) iPhone Remote App gestures to XBMC (needs new keymapping in XBMC)
- fixed: crash on ATV 3.01
- changed: if ATV version is unknown, default to most recent (3.01 in this case)
Edit1: updated to beta2, added update_urls.plist, changelog
Edit2: updated to beta3