[LINUX] Scripts and skins
I have been unable to get scripts and skins working together on Linux. I'm still learning all this, so It's possible that I'm just not getting something.

However, I've tried lots of different example scripts, and I can't get any of them to work in Linux (at least not any that also use a skin)

Can anyone give me a simple example of a script using a skin that actually works on Linux? (or point me to one)

I've tried the WindowXMLExample script, and it fails; can't find the XML file.
The AccuWeather script also fails with can't find the XML file.

Looking at the other example scripts that I have, none of them use WindowXML

Has anyone actually used WindowXML on LinuxHuh

Thanks, Brian
check to see if it is a casing issue with those scripts. i.e. they want "skin.xml" but the file is "Skin.xml"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:check to see if it is a casing issue with those scripts. i.e. they want "skin.xml" but the file is "Skin.xml"

I've been looking at the WindowXMLExample script, and if I understand how scripts and skins work, WindowXMLExample is badly broken.

Shouldn't there be a resources/skins directory?
And in resources/skins, isn't there supposed to be a includes.xml?

Can someone help me get WindowXMLExample working properly? I'm trying, and if I do figure it out, I'll put the fixed version back into the SVN.

Brian
I've finally for the WindowXMLExample script working properly now.

I now have a much better understanding of how a skin is setup Big Grin

So others don't have this problem in the future, how can I submit my changes to the SVN?

Brian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Scripts and skins0