How to use the Wii Remote with xbmc
There's a package conflict bug with Eden and the eventclients. The devs have been made aware and a trac ticket has been opened. As far as I can tell, not much has been done in regards to looking into the issue.
Yes, just installed Eden Beta 3 and lost my Wii remote functionality. Couldn't install xbmc-wiiremote for some reason.
Try:
Code:
dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote*
I've not tried it with the wildcard (*), but you can also use tab completion to get the whole .deb filename. The latter is what I'd suggest. You have to make sure that xbmc-eventclients-common and libcwiid are installed and configured as well.
Hi pumkinut, I've tried your suggestion plus several others. My bluetooth is working correctly. I get this error code when trying to install xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote.

Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote_2%3a11.0~git20120207.1fef727-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Don't know what else to try.
Try the following:
Code:
dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote_2%3a11.0~git20120207.1fef727-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric_i386.deb

Although you have to make sure that bluez, xbmc-eventclients-common, and libcwiid are installed and configured first.
Sweet! Thanks pumkinut! Everything is running very smoothly now!
Great, glad you got it working.

I have a question for you though. Are you able to re-sync your Wii remote across reboots of your HTPC? I'm having trouble in that respect. I'm using Eden B3, and every time I reboot I have to stop and then restart bluetoothd and then run the evenclient in order for my Wii remote to sync.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use the Wii Remote with xbmc0