R6025 - pure virtual function call
Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange set of problems with attempting to install and get XBMC running on my Windows XP machine.

Here is what is happening:

1. I install the stable 9.04 XBMC from http://xbmc.org/download/

2. I run XBMCupdate_0.7.9 and it updates to version 24114

3. I add my movies Media Source which is stored on a local drive and point it to the IMDB scraper. It scraps what seems to be successfully.

4. Now whenever I press 'C' or right click on a movie to view "Movie Information" I get the following Runtime error:

"R6025 - pure virtual function call"

Now, I've tried just using the stable copy of XBMC, but the IMDB scraper is out of date and it doesn't seem to like it when I update it. Also, the skin Transparency doesn't work with the stable version for me.

I've also tried updating by grabbing the latest 24114 from here:
http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/
And then just copying and pasting that into my Stable XBMC folder. But that doesn't work either.

Please let me know if you have any ideas as to why this might be happening or if I should go about updating to the latest version of XBMC another way!!

Thanks!
1. Remove all msvc*.dll from the XBMC folder, and from XBMC/system.
2. Run XBMC.
3. If it complains about additional dlls, then install the Visual Studio 2008 runtimes from Microsoft.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So the MSVC7* files are no longer needed as well? Thats cool. Smile
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
There are needed but we've got problems by packing them with the build. We only saw problems so far when the msvc*90.dll where in place though. Installing the runtimes is ofc the better alternative though I dunno if the 7 dlls are with vs2008.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I did a fresh install of XBMC stable, and then used the XBMCupdater, and it now has build 24171 on there...

And strangely the problem seems to be fixed. (I never deleted the .dll)

Should I delete it just in case?

Also - can you give me a link to the correct runtimes to install so I can keep that handy somewhere just in case this all happens again?

Thanks everyone for your help.
The msvc?90.dll's in the XBMC installation directory should be deleted in any case (if they are still there).
If needed you can install them from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Thanks Wiso!! Smile

I love XBMC, and you guys are so great Smile Really looking forward to helping out around here where I can.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
R6025 - pure virtual function call0