[LINUX] XBMC hangs if trying to stream an ASX file
I'm trying to stream an ASX file to xbmc but all xbmc does is stop running. I opened the ASX file so I could see what it tries to play, I pasted this url in a strm file, but still xbmc hangs while trying to play.

This is the url I'm trying to play: http://wss.mp.advection.net/event/tscnyc...WMExt=.asf

It is a stream that's only online on sunday (it's the stream of Times Square Church; New York).

Hope someone can help me out here, I also tried finding a plugin / script to stream this format, but after a few months of searching I don't know where to look anymore.
I've installed the new version of XBMC, but still no succes on playing an ASX-stream. Can someone help me?
I decided to wait to see what happens if I don't do anything after starting an ASX file. XBMC hangs completely, it doesn't matter what button I press nothing is moving. But after 5 minutes the movie suddenly starts streaming?

When I try to start the same asx file on my windows computer it starts immediately, how is this possible?
I'm trying to stream an ASX file to xbmc but all xbmc does is stop running. I opened the ASX file so I could see what it tries to play, I pasted this url in a strm file, but still xbmc hangs while trying to play.

This is the url I'm trying to play: http://stream2.tscnyc.org/mp/tscnyc/_dld...1220S1.wmv

The same thing happens when trying to play an online stream from the same website (Times Square Church) that's only online on sunday.

I tried updating to the latest XBMC version, but nothing seems to work. Yesterday I decided to let it hang and do nothing with XBMC, after 5 minutes (not exact) the stream suddenly started playing. And when I try to open the stream on my windows machine it start playing directly.

Is there anyone that can help me out here, I really want to watch this stream with my XBMC box.
Nobody knows why this WMV file is loading this slow? While when I start it with Windows media player it starts immediatly Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC hangs if trying to stream an ASX file0