[LINUX] What of the following is supported??
Hi there!
i am a long time windows xp (and vista) user who want to start using ubuntu to be able to take advantages of vdpau and some other stuff.
but i need to know if all my hardware is supported, so here goes:

Auzentech X-Plotion 7.1 Cinema / (i also have a Terratec Aureon 7.1 PCI, i can use if its supported and the x-plotion isn´t)
Sparkle Geforce 9600 GT
Hauppauge 500PVR MCE (use the ir reciver for my harmony)
Logitech Harmony 525 Remote

the rest of the hardware i have, i know is supported

thanx ALOT in advance for answering my questions
and if you know where to find the drivers please let me know... i should mention i am a TOTAL nooooob on ubuntu just installed it yesterday.
I don't personally have the answer for you, but it's worth noting that both XBMC Live and Wubi (a windows installer of Ubuntu) are both free. It would be very simple to just install one or the other and see if your hardware works.

One question about the Harmony remote. When you ask if it is supported, do you mean on the software side to reprogram it when necessary or on the IR side when it is actually acting as a remote? If it's the second, so long as the receiver is supported, the remote should be as well, as it is essentially acting as a duplicate of the original remote.

Edit: When I say "install" I mean RUN for XBMC Live. Don't install unless you never want to go back. And when I say install on Wubi, I really do mean install. It acts like a regular windows program. If, at the end, you are not satisfied, you can just uninstall it.
thanx for the answer... i am installing jaunty right now, so i just have to wait and see if things work.
i am most curious about the auzentech sound card, cuz if that dont work setup by a toslink cable i have no use for ubuntu at all. sad but true
i would suggest to try out the xbmc live iso with updated nvidia drivers
here: http://www.fusedimages.com/xbmc.zip

i actually used this to install xbmc live on my asrock ion 330. vdpau works with the included drivers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] What of the following is supported??0