Non-desktop resolution in XBMC
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to change to a non-desktop resolution when running XBMC, like you can do up to Rev22516. Currently, I am using Rev24195 and the only resolution I can see under Settings/Appearence is my current Windows resolution.
Due to a strange overscan issue (Nvidia/plasma monitor problem), the desktop resolution do not fit good enough on the monitor and it cannot be solved with the overscan options i XBMC. I can live with the issue when surfing, but when watching movies I want to be able to use the entire screen.
This can only be solved by having different resolutions in Windows and XBMC.

Can this be achieved?
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Did you check if your TV supports a "JUST SCAN" type of setting? Most TV's have different types of scanning support like "Normal", "Zoom", "Just", etc. Also, have you checked the nVidia settings for underscan/overscan controls? That might help you if you have to fight with movies and applications not showing up across the full width and height of your tv.
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Hi,

thanks for the tip.
I have check for all types of scans and tried all overscan/underscan modes in Nvidia settings. The only option to get it perfect on on both the desktop and XBMC is to start XBMC in another resolution.
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
This little application did exactly what I wanted to do, in case anyone else have the same problem.
http://www.jddesign.co.uk/products/vidres/vidres.htm
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non-desktop resolution in XBMC0