HTPC Case ??
I am at the moment looking för a nice case solution for my XBMC implementation... I want it to blend in well in the livingroom.

I have been looking at the: Antec Fusion Remote solution

Does anybody have experience of that case and remote with XBMC and Ubuntu?

Does everything work?

If you have any other solutions that are better please tell me Smile !
XBMC Running on:
AMD 3500+, 2GB, 250Gb Hd, GF7900GS, Ubuntu 9.11, 1080p Samsung LCD Tv
Xbox 1.4, SmartXX OPX SE, 110Gb Hd, Component cable
I am currently in the market for a case too, and the Antec Fusion Remote looked promising. However, after reading reviews on newegg.com, it appears that there is not reason to buy this case. The LCD screen is very poorly constructed, and there is not Linux support for it. If you don't care about the LCD then it may be an ok choice, but the LCD, in my opinion, is at least half the reason to get this case. Who want's an LCD that you can't use?

I am looking at the Silverstone LC09 case. Very nice and aluminum, but I'm not sure I want to pay $180 for a case!

The M200 LCD & M300 LCD at http://www.mini-box.com look nice. The M200 LCD is $99 for the case w/ LCD, not too bad.
I've been planning a XBMC build for months now. The case more than anything was holding me back. I wanted something that didn't look like a computer, and wasn't huge. As much as the antec HTPC cases were appealing (because of familiarity and cost) I didn't like them.

I set my sights on a moneual 312B case. It has a remote board compatible with MCE and therefore I'm guessing XBMC as well. The remote can also turn on the computer, from what I can tell. The price was steep so I didn't jump.

Newegg this weekend lowered their price on it and included free shipping, so I finally pulled the trigger. It doesn't come with a power supply so I bought the Nexus Value 430 which is very small (good for the case) and is reviewed to be very quiet (extremely so).

I'll post on my findings when I get the goods, but from an aesthetics viewpoint the design of the case and aluminum construction won me over.

Links:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...us%20value
Nice looking case. I don't complain about prices alot, but $200 for a case is rediculous. I like the Silverstone LC09, but it's $180, and they have to brand the top of the case with their ugly logo. I also found out the LC09 does not accomadate the Zotac boards with the CPU fan, and it runs hot. Not impressive, especially for price. Apparently HTPC is the craze now. $200+ for smaller cases that use less material. Then you have the cases that have the full touch LCDs with software for $300 - $1000. Just give me a decent case that doesn't look cheap or like a PC. There are a few good ITX cases out there that are affordable, but they don't support a 3.5" HDD. AHHHH!
I'll be watching this thread, I agree with you on cost, I don't want half of the cost of my build being tied up in the case. I want a case that will fit in with my components and not look like a PC sitting under my TV. Also looking for something that will support 3-4+ 3.5" drives for storage.
How about the Shuttle PCs? I'm currently using one as a testbed to get a feel for XBMC. I'm planning on building another one purely for HTPC use.
I too was a little turned off by the price of the nicer looking cases, but I guess I just gave in and bought the $280 case + psu combo. A felt a little better because it is micro atx and has half height card slots, as the case won't hold me back on future upgrades.

In the end I stopped looking at my htpc build as a computer and as just another component. At least this case will (hopefully) blend in with them.

My build:
Moneual MONCASO 312 case
Nexus Value 430 PSU
ASUS P5N7A-VM motherboard (geforce 9300 chipset/graphics)
Intel Pentium E6300 (Dual Core 2.8ghz, 2MB cache, 45nm, 65W intel VT)
Big Shuriken CPU cooler (I'll see if this fits, otherwise the stock fan is quiet)
Low Profile Firewire Card
Adapter Cable for Firewire to Firewire Header, for front panel
DiNovo Mini keyboard/mouse thing
2x 40mm Kaze Ultra Mini fans + 5V/7V/12V fan cable, I'll see if these are needed

Existing DDR2 @ 667 mhz, 4GB
Existing 7200 rpm 2.5 inch hard disk
Existing (short) DVDRW Drive
Existing USB header -> Female USB port to hide DiNovo Dongle
The nMedia cases look really good to me and usually get good reviews. They aren't as expensive as some other ones I've seen. I plan on using this one when I finally get around to building a new HTPC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811204035
I've got the antec fusion remote max, and I'll just say that you should try and figure out what kind of display is the case before you buy. The one I have is the lcd display (imon 0038), and it is damn ugly (and a huge pain in the ass to get working correctly under linux). I hear the VFD displays are better looking.

having the remote on function makes things really nice though.

noumenon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Case ??0