• 3(current)
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released
Quote:How do I create a bootable USB stick? The old method of editing syslinux.cfg doesn't appear to work anymore as the options aren't there they appear to be in grub.cfg
See other sticky about this topic. I assume the uneboot method still works.
nanny07 Wrote:First post here Big Grin

Some bugs that I've found in this release:

1) Samba doesn't work: it says that the fuction is not implemented
2) Automount: this is a weird bug. I remove the "nodiskmount" string from grub but all of them that i've tried (one fat32 and one ntfs) only works (= they are really mount) if they are plugged before I power up the system. Moreover if I restart (not shutdown and re-powerup) the system they don't result mounted anymore. <<<----- FIXED WITH THIS

My system: Asrock Ion 330

Hey nanny07 does your Asrock Ion 330 wake from suspend via remote ?

I've been trying out the 9.11 a1 build on my Asrock 330 and it goes into suspend no problem via the MCE or Logitech remote but will not wake up unless I press the power button on the unit, the IR command no longer works.

Other than that the a1 release is pretty nice, everything is much snappier no need to tweak anything, the X from suspend is gone, hdmi audio works no problem.

Samba worked for me though it couldn't find my NAS but after I changed the workgroup and did a proper restart of the system it could find the SMB folders on my Synology NAS.

Edit: Spoke too soon, videos cut out after a 1-2 minutes into playback when played over SMB however videos played from UPnP/DLNA seem fine so far...
vikjon0 Wrote:See other sticky about this topic. I assume the uneboot method still works.

It doesn't at the moment (for me at least, see my previous post). After spending about 3 hours trying to get it to work with various windows unetbootin variants I had to manually add the following line to the unetbootin sysconfig.cfg file:

Code:
label XBMCLive-NVIDIA
kernel /live/vmlinuz
append initrd=/live/initrd.img boot=live splash module=nvidia quiet persistent quickreboot quickusbmodules skipconfig union=aufs xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount,setvolume,wakeOnUSBRemote loglevel=0

It works for now. Basically you do the following (since I only did Nvidia):

Take this:
Code:
menuentry "XBMCLive - NVIDIA" {
set quiet=1
linux /live/vmlinuz boot=live splash module=nvidia quiet persistent quickreboot quickusbmodules skipconfig union=aufs xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount,setvolume,wakeOnUSBRemote loglevel=0
initrd /live/initrd.img

Rename 'menuentry' to 'label'
Remove set quiet=1
replace linux to kernel
replace initrd with append=
Take everything that follows /live/vmlinuz (boot=live etc) and move it to follow /live/initrd.img

That should do it.
SMB works fine here on the mac version running on ATV
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
I assume that http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7146 is still present in alpha 1. Because of the 100% CPU bug I cannot test it myself but the ticket is untouched.

The bug is that even though I set XBMC to mute there is still sound.
Could someone please post the default "/etc/default/grub" config file (after installing xbmc live to HDD)?

I apt-get upgrade'd. It updated grub and overwrote the default file. At first xbmc would not autostart until i added the xbmc= part... I think i am missing more, though as the boot windows shows some verbose output before starting xbmc. It did not used to do that, i think Sad.
I resolved the boot but now I get stucked on "formatting & partitioning"
Hire Wrote:I resolved the boot but now I get stucked on "formatting & partitioning"

That took a quite a while for me when I installed I'd be patient and give it half an hour or more as it looked like it was doing nothing but the HDD led was still flashing intermittently so I guessed it was still going and eventually it finished up.
theuni Wrote:Worked perfectly out of the box here. Great job!

TheUni

How did you get the Xbox DVD-kit working? I just upgraded and now my remote is not working anymore. It used to work with hardware.conf and lircd.conf in the Config directory. Blacklisting the remote in blacklist.conf made it more stable.
With 9.11 none of these settings seem to work.

BTW I am using XBMC Live 9.11 Alpha from a USB stick
Starstream Wrote:That took a quite a while for me when I installed I'd be patient and give it half an hour or more as it looked like it was doing nothing but the HDD led was still flashing intermittently so I guessed it was still going and eventually it finished up.

So you installed it on your hdd and it works good?

Now I will try to wait and see what happening ...
Starstream Wrote:Hey nanny07 does your Asrock Ion 330 wake from suspend via remote ?

Sry, i haven't a remote yet Sad

For the SMB question: i addmit i test it very quickly so i could be wrong.
The bad news is that i can't work on my system until friday

The "patition&formatting" part took a lot of time also for me
Oooh I'll think I mis something, I would try (to install) the Live-CD, but right after the boot sequence it ask for Login/Passw.

Fixed, boot sequence was alterd after removing USB-stick; HDD become then first!
installed on my asrock 330 on a 500gb HD.

works really smooth, having problems with mkv's, they seem to crash xbmc at random times (x cursor on the screen then xbmc restarts itself (this is regardless of the resolution of the mkv).

my mce remote worked out of the box, but it didnt pick up my original xbmc dvd remote via usb. the mce remote is pretty bad, not all the buttons are mapped ie, stop play fast forward dont work, basically the arrows and back and right click work, also some times it will just keep scrolling if you hold a button down for too long.

I have 4733 tv episodes and 274 hd movies, it did take a while (bout 5 hours) scraping everything using the default scrapers with about 4 of the movies me having to edit manually.

apart from that, i am happy (i do realize this is an alpha) and look forward to the stable build, a worth upgrade to my now retired original xbox (and soon to be retired/sold popcorn hour 110).
Yes, really great release (as being alpha).

Pros:
- Works smoothly
- Until now, everything played totally fine on my Zotac ION 330
- Audio-H/W settings ok now

Cons:
- Inacceptable delay in boot sequence (grub2 -> kernel: what's going on here??)
- Standby/Resume broken

mulder77
mulder77de Wrote:- Inacceptable delay in boot sequence (grub2 -> kernel: what's going on here??)

this is the time grub takes to load payload ie kernel and initrd.
Try with a quick USB disk or change USB port (front/back) as reported in a post.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha1 released0