Script using current skin
Hello,

I started to look into creating a Script for XBMC and after getting my first little form to work, a big question arose.

The controls I added had no style at all. I naively thought that all controls would have the standard style of the current skin in XBMC (e.g. a button would have the texture and style of a button in the skin). Now it seems I not only need to be a coder to create a Script, but also a skinner ...

I searched the forums if there is no way to use the current style of the skin, but didn't get an exact answer, although it seems not to be possible. Is this true? It's clear to me, that the script can't adept to the overall UI of the skin. I just thought the basic controls like buttons, lists, etc. would have the same style.

Regards,
Steffen
If you want the skin's native look, make a plugin, not a script.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I found that you can use WindowXML('MyVideo.xml'...) and get the MyVideo window for the current skin. It seems to mostly work, but at least in with the PM3.HD skin, some of the list view don't work properly, but they do work for Project Mayhem III. I haven't tried any other skins.

I also haven't tried to see if you can override some of the defaults (in my case I want to change most of the buttons, but keep the lists)

I'll keep you posted if I figure out a good way to do this (my work will be focused on video)
Well, I stopped on this idea. I found another way to get what I wanted with a script.

But maybe someone consideres this to work in the future. Would be really nice Wink

bmillham:
Thanks for the post. Regardless of what I wrote above, I would be interested in your results.

Regards,
Steffen

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script using current skin0