Blank screen after installation of XBMC LIVE
I am trying to install xbmc live 9.04.1 on an IBM Thinkcentre S50 box.
the installation seems to pass fine only one thing is a problem.
once the system starts it shows a blank screen. I mean I can hear the navigation sounds of the default theme but no image.

The output is set to the VGA interface that is integrated with the motherboard, and from the xbmc log file it seems that xbmc recognizes the default output and the wide screen resolution required.

I can switch to a cli gui using ALT-CTRL and F2, and interact with the system.
I tried killing the xbmc and got to minimal windows manager, so the X works fine, but once i started the xbmc application everything went dark again... ( with navagaion sounds Huh )

I tried connecting my LCD TV which is wide screen, and tried a standatd 1280x1024 LCD and expirianced the same thing.

anyone had an idea how to fix this?
-M
you could try to delete guisettings.xml
I had the same problem, the problem is that XBMC is running in a resolution that your monitor/TV can't handle. I found these two guides which got me sorted.

"Use Edid" False

Driver Screen Resolution Problem

To use the second guide you need to know the HorizSync & VertRefresh of your displays, if you don't know this you can use the following little website to work it out for you from the resolutions you know work already : Modeline Tool

Good luck, and once you get a xorg.conf that works - don't forget to back it up!
I searched the Live CD I made from the ISO and did not find:
x11
xorg.conf
etc

What gives?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen after installation of XBMC LIVE0