[VDPAU] BD-rips encoded in mpeg2
Hi!

I'm using svn r24448 right now and have some issues playing back BD-rips where video is encoded in mpeg2.
Had this some time ago with "Gothika". Video is mpeg2 at 1080p with 23,98fps.
Thought this is related to crappy encoding or whatever and encoded to x264 and packed everything into a mkv.
Gothika then run as expected.
Now I tried "Resident Evil", also in mpeg2 (tried with m2ts and mkv)
Same issue. Playback is jumpy and stutters.
Codec ffmpeg_libmpeg_vdpau is used. CPU-load is as usual (no high load on one of the cores), everything seems normal, except the playback ;-)

Is there any issue with 1080p-mpeg2?
Can someone second that?

Regards,
Patrick
XBMC 9.11 (SVN 28275) on minimal Ubuntu 9.04
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
I think i'd need a sample and a logfile
motd2k Wrote:I think i'd need a sample and a logfile

motd2k, I think this might be the same issue, what I had with madonna, what you didn't want to watch Tongue

The solution was me to reencode to h264 too. (BTW that was not BD, but DVB TV recording)
However I had to admint that it was the same jumpy with mplayer(but it was ok in windows with media player classic).

@pat1975
Have you tried those videos with mplayer?
@motd2k: You will get a sample (as soon, as I sorted out how to snip something out of a 15GB mpeg2 :-) )

@olympia: Did not try it with mplayer, but in windows media-player, everythings fine... (I know, this is not a test for xbmc)
on ZOTAC ION-A (Atom330 / 4GB / 250GB HDD / Atric Switch / Silverstone LC19 Case)
olympia Wrote:motd2k, I think this might be the same issue, what I had with madonna, what you didn't want to watch Tongue

Yea, i still think Madonna at 5fps is likely an improvement.
I've had a problem to with VDPAU on 9.11 alpha 1.
I solved it by updating Nvidia drivers (190.42)
Ad these lines to etc/apt/sources.list or etc/apt/sources.list.d/nvidia-vdpau.list

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/nvidia-vdpau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Ad the key CEC06767

Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys CEC06767

Then:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-190
olympia Wrote:motd2k, I think this might be the same issue, what I had with madonna, what you didn't want to watch Tongue

As I am at a customer till now and can not do anything regarding XBMC, I would say: olympia, send him madonna. And motd2k, isn't it a bit like resident evil? Rolleyes
Sorry, still a bit early - not sure what you mean.

Edit: Coffee helped. Okay, someone send me (PM if required) a link to a file exhibiting this. I've a rough idea what it is though, i've seen it with movies from my AVCHD camcorder, and that was a regression in ffmpeg causing the problem. This was about 6-months ago though, i'd have expected that to have been resolved upstream.
Sorry, I will try to write a bit more clearly in the future :-)

I meant olympia should send you "Madonna" to test. Wouldn't it be a bit like "Resident Evil" with all the zombies, etc.. ?? ;-)
i'm having trouble playing mpeg 1080i files too. I'm also having problems playing a 1080i mpeg stream from my hdhomerun. Let me find some other mpeg videos to check. i'm using vdpau. r24283 on the ppa. on karmic. Ill post some details when i get some samples. Also a "A Street Car Named Desire" clip.
motd2k Wrote:Sorry, still a bit early - not sure what you mean.

Edit: Coffee helped. Okay, someone send me (PM if required) a link to a file exhibiting this. I've a rough idea what it is though, i've seen it with movies from my AVCHD camcorder, and that was a regression in ffmpeg causing the problem. This was about 6-months ago though, i'd have expected that to have been resolved upstream.

Sample link sent in PM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[VDPAU] BD-rips encoded in mpeg20