How do I set the userdata location?
When you install XBMC it asks if you want the userdata in the Program Files folder or in the user profiles. If I want to change this manually after installation how do I change it? Apologies if this is a FAQ but I can't see anything in the registry and a quick grep of the various XML files in the XBMC folder hasn't found anything useful.

Thanks,

JR
If you delete folder xmbc in userdata, it should look in the program files folder for the settings. It checks in userdata first then in program files folder.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
You need to check the shortcuts the installation creates. If you select to store the data in the program files folder, the shortcut will have a -p parameter otherwise it won't. If you want to switch you need to add/remove the parameter. Keep in mind thought, that on systems like Vista and Windows 7 you need administrator privileges to write to the program files folder. If you want to store the data in program files you will have to run XBMC as an administrator or it will crash on start.
ccMatrix Wrote:If you select to store the data in the program files folder, the shortcut will have a -p parameter otherwise it won't.

That's it! Thanks ccMatrix, it was simpler than I thought :-)

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I set the userdata location?0