• 53(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Beta 4 of the OpenELEC is a really large improvement. Crystal HD support for 720p files that stuttered in beta 3 are perfect now. The only thing I have noticed is that I can't change my area code for the weather. Perhaps that is related to the DNS still being set at 127.0.0.1. Scraping works fine though so obviously it is finding sites somehow. This is a really interesting release.

philip
therionate Wrote:Can you let us know if it worked?

It didn't.

I wiped the SSD. Then I used a Gparted livecd to format it to an ext4 partition.

I then wiped two flash drives and loaded the install files on them using Windows 7.

Both flash drives booted the installer, but I got the same invalid token message. I tried disabling all the other SATA drives except for the SSD and that did not fix the problem.

I found someone with a similar problem and they claim the problem is a bad flash drive: http://openelec.tv/forum/36-solved-bug-r...-main-menu

I've used 2 flash drives so far. I'll have to try and find another one.

Some more info: I'm running an ASUS AT3IONT-I ion motherboard with 4GB of ram.
pennant Wrote:It didn't.

I wiped the SSD. Then I used a Gparted livecd to format it to an ext4 partition.

I then wiped two flash drives and loaded the install files on them using Windows 7.

Both flash drives booted the installer, but I got the same invalid token message. I tried disabling all the other SATA drives except for the SSD and that did not fix the problem.

I found someone with a similar problem and they claim the problem is a bad flash drive: http://openelec.tv/forum/36-solved-bug-r...-main-menu

I've used 2 flash drives so far. I'll have to try and find another one.

Some more info: I'm running an ASUS AT3IONT-I ion motherboard with 4GB of ram.

Don't know if you have a cardreader and a SD-card (or something similar), but you could try that. Works on the same principle.
Smile 
We are happy to release a new beta
  • Many thanks to all users for testing and contributing.
  • We have fixed ATV CrystalHD support
  • We have added an Options dialog to easy setup OpenELEC OS via XBMC (most configs from Configfile share are gone now)
  • We have reworked starting of network based services
  • We have added SABnzbd - a newsgroup downloader
  • We have added some WLAN and DVB drivers
  • We have fixed the WLAN drivers on Shuttle XS35GT

This options dialog is designed for OpenELEC and will *only* work with OpenELEC, there is no chance to use this on other OS's. Dont bother the XBMC devs to integrate this in XBMC

Beta 5 include the following changes:
  • Version tag set to 0.90.5 (Beta 5)

Fixes and changes:
  • xbmc: fix support for yuy2 to yv12 conversation
  • xbmc: start wiimote and PS3 remote per udev
  • Adding patch to remove nasty printk in rtl8192se driver
  • avahi: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • connman: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • dropbear: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • netmount: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • transmission: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • samba: use netstatus for detecting network status
  • SABnzbd: use netstatus for detecting network status

Package updates:
  • update to xf86-video-nvidia-260.19.36
  • update to libssh-0.4.8
  • update to bluez-4.86
  • update to irserver-6.03.08
  • update to xf86driproto-2.1.1
  • update to connman-0.67
  • update to pixman-0.21.4
  • update to busybox-1.18.2
  • update to pcre-8.12
  • update to jpeg-8c
  • update to Cheetah-2.4.4
  • update to unrar-4.0.4

Added packages and functions:
  • samba: add Logfiles share
  • busybox: add script to collect and compress some usefull logfiles
  • buildsystem: add support for options file in $HOME/.openelec folder
  • add new multisize icon (thanks to saik0)
  • autoupdate: use our new options dialog
  • lcdproc: use our new options dialog
  • hts-tvheadend: use our new options dialog
  • transmission: use our new options dialog
  • samba: use our new options dialog
  • connman: use our new options dialog
  • SABnzbd: use our new options dialog
  • add package 'xbmc-addon-settings' a initially options dialog to setup OpenELEC via XBMC
  • add VIA-VT6656 WLAN drivers
  • add Afatech UBD DVB support
  • add some more DVB drivers
  • add DW2102 DVB USB support
  • add MT2060 TV Tuner support
  • add some Ralink WLAN drivers
  • add package 'linuxtv-dvb-firmware'
  • add package 'netstatus'
  • add package 'SABnzbd'
  • add package 'pyOpenSSL'

Removed packages and functions:
  • remove package siglaunchd
  • connman: disable 'portal' and 'google' plugin
  • remove package 'feedparser'

Known issues and limitations
  • Wireless LAN is not guaranteed to work
  • Component Video do not work in the Apple TV image
  • If you use the installer to install on a new drive, be sure there is at least one partition, otherwise the drive will be not detected
  • The Apple TV image is still experimental, even though its called "beta"

If you find more issues let us know in the forum (Bug Reports)

Adding additional drivers
  • If you need an additional driver (esp. WLAN/DVB/Remote) let us know this in our forum (Feature request)

The new options dialog addon:
in the past we used /storage/.config (or the Configfiles share) to setup some things via configfiles. Now we can setup most things via XBMC directly (except: asound.conf, samba.conf, xorg.conf, netmount.conf, hosts.conf and modprobe.d). To be sure there are no issues with our new dialog please backup and remove all configfiles from there before reboot to update. After the new image is booted please setup all things again.

SABnzbd Newsgroups downloader:
you have access to SABnzbd via
Code:
http://<ipaddress>:8080
https://<ipaddress>:8081

Notes for users already running OpenELEC

we have an update feature. Its disabled by default, so you get only an information about an new update. you can enable the automatic update function if you edit /storage/.config/update.conf or "update.conf" via samba in the "Configfiles" share to.
Code:
AUTOUPDATE="auto"
So the update will be downloaded and extracted correctly after an new boot (or it looks every 6 hours for an update). You will be informed by an Message. After all is downloaded and extracted there is another Message that you can reboot. After this reboot the update will be installed automatically (the system reboots again after a few seconds)
greetings, Stephan

Just noticed this while checking your site few moments ago Laugh thanks for the continued support and updates.
Hi!

Very nice project! Maybe a list of fully supported devices would be great. For example: Does the Zotac HD-ID11 work out of the box?

Also I noticed that you made changes to xbmc.. Does this mean the xbmc-version openelec uses might be an old one? And do you only use stable or also beta- and rc-releases of xbmc?

Another improvement would be a table which shows of the pros and cons of letting xbmc run on ubuntu, xbmc live, openelec, win xp, win 7.. Maybe you also have a testing-machine where you could compare boot-times and fps?
does it work with atv with composite AVHuh
Latest beta breaks machines using netmount.conf to mount shares. Apparently beta 6 will fix this soon, but in the meantime it's not obvious how to revert. You can use this link to get the older version to manually extract the kernal/system files and bung them in .update

Well, that's what will try to do once the download finishes Smile
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Suven Wrote:Hi!

Very nice project! Maybe a list of fully supported devices would be great. For example: Does the Zotac HD-ID11 work out of the box?

Also I noticed that you made changes to xbmc.. Does this mean the xbmc-version openelec uses might be an old one? And do you only use stable or also beta- and rc-releases of xbmc?

Another improvement would be a table which shows of the pros and cons of letting xbmc run on ubuntu, xbmc live, openelec, win xp, win 7.. Maybe you also have a testing-machine where you could compare boot-times and fps?

http://passion-xbmc.org/tests-de-materie...enelec-tv/

Here's a comparison between OpenELEC and XBMC freak, other systems aren't useful as they depend on a desktop OS. About the Zotac, I think all is supported on this box, but you can try a temporary build on a USB stick that boots OpenELEC.
Are there instructions for getting the MAME addon to work? When I run the plugin nothing seems to happen. I'm sure I'm missing the something obvious and I tried googling around but I'm must not be looking in the right place.

Also does advanced launcher plugin work with OPENELEC?
Best XBMC project around! Why the unuser friendly /storage/.config/update.conf? Probably a update OS feature in the XBMC GUI (options dialog) is much easier...
mcorcoran Wrote:Are there instructions for getting the MAME addon to work? When I run the plugin nothing seems to happen. I'm sure I'm missing the something obvious and I tried googling around but I'm must not be looking in the right place.

I can't add any addon. It just won't download so it may be a permissions' issue? Other than that, beta 5 is fantastic and the auto update feature worked great.

This project is really, really nice.

philip
Similar problems here, I manage to install XOT-Uzg but cant add any channel to it. Normally done from within the plugin, seems to work ok but no channels show up in the plugin.
therionate Wrote:http://passion-xbmc.org/t...eo%29-livecd-openelec-tv/

Here's a comparison between OpenELEC and XBMC freak, other systems aren't useful as they depend on a desktop OS. About the Zotac, I think all is supported on this box, but you can try a temporary build on a USB stick that boots OpenELEC.

This link doesn't work, if you could replace it please.
Tight_wad Wrote:This link doesn't work, if you could replace it please.

http://passion-xbmc.org/tests-de-materie...enelec-tv/

Here it is
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8