• 54(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
mcorcoran Wrote:Are there instructions for getting the MAME addon to work? When I run the plugin nothing seems to happen. I'm sure I'm missing the something obvious and I tried googling around but I'm must not be looking in the right place.

Also does advanced launcher plugin work with OPENELEC?

Will be repaired in the 1.0 release that will come soon.

Edit: to all: some add-ons are known to be broken, others require write-rights in read-only parts of the system. For the broken add-ons, these will be fixed in the 1.0 release. Please keep us updated if some add-on isn't working, so we know what needs to be fixed.
Robotica Wrote:Best XBMC project around! Why the unuser friendly /storage/.config/update.conf? Probably a update OS feature in the XBMC GUI (options dialog) is much easier...

It is now added in the openelec-program-configuration add-on. Also some other options are added in there.
I was wondering how I could possible install ffmpeg for mythbox?

Thanks, really want to use this product, looks great. BTY I want to use this on a Jetway Minitop and have the remote functioning as well =]
I currently use the module, but I'm guessing you'd rather patch the kernel.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=699...tcount=170
Hi Ive just installed openelectv on an asrock 330. Everything is working, but I get an error in the boot process "Could not open framebuffer. No such file or directory". Do you know what that mean, and how I can fix it?

Another issue im experiencing is that when I try to map custom menu buttons (in transparency) to a favourite, I get the fail-message "Can not find favourites.xml"

Ive posted a thread In the Transparency forum, but I think this maybe could be an openelectv bug. Here is the thread with more details and Debug Log: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92470

ThanxSmile
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi Ive just installed openelectv on an asrock 330. Everything is working, but I get an error in the boot process "Could not open framebuffer. No such file or directory". Do you know what that mean, and how I can fix it?

Another issue im experiencing is that when I try to map custom menu buttons (in transparency) to a favourite, I get the fail-message "Can not find favourites.xml"

Ive posted a thread In the Transparency forum, but I think this maybe could be an openelectv bug. Here is the thread with more details and Debug Log: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92470

ThanxSmile

This has been covered here and on Openelec's site. Check out post #663 in this thread to fix "Could not open framebuffer" Jim
I have been running OpenElec on an ATV1 with the CHD card since beta1/2. I have auto updates and these have worked great. I am currently on beta5. For some reason beta 6 is not appearing so that the autoupdate feature must have stopped. Is there some command I can use to force an update? I do have

AUTOUPDATE=auto

in its original places as well as the new one.

Thank you,

philip
pmcd Wrote:I have been running OpenElec on an ATV1 with the CHD card since beta1/2. I have auto updates and these have worked great. I am currently on beta5. For some reason beta 6 is not appearing so that the autoupdate feature must have stopped. Is there some command I can use to force an update? I do have

AUTOUPDATE=auto

in its original places as well as the new one.

Thank you,

philip

Hi Philip,

I you go to programs-OpenELEC configuration program, is the auto-update function enabled there? It's a new and improved system to make it eassier for configurating some things.
joeranjensen Wrote:Hi Ive just installed openelectv on an asrock 330. Everything is working, but I get an error in the boot process "Could not open framebuffer. No such file or directory". Do you know what that mean, and how I can fix it?

http://openelec.tv/find-help/documentati...gory_id=14

Point 9 will fix this for you.
therionate Wrote:Hi Philip,

I you go to programs-OpenELEC configuration program, is the auto-update function enabled there? It's a new and improved system to make it eassier for configurating some things.

Yes I also have that set to auto.

Philip
Smile 
We are happy to release our first release candidate
Many thanks to all users for testing and contributing.
  • We have fixed hanging netmount on boot if no Network is detected
  • better suspend/resume handling for some servivces

RC 1 include the following changes:
  • Version tag set to 0.99.1 (RC 1)

Fixes and changes:
  • autoupdate: run only at boot and after wakeup from suspend
  • connman: stop on suspend, restart on wakeup
  • xbmc: add LCD suspend/resume script
  • xbmc: add lirc suspend/resume script
  • tvheadend: add suspend script, quit tvheadend on suspend, restart on resume
  • connman: put static resolv.conf in /etc no need for write support anymore
  • projects/Generic/options: enable VAAPI support
  • projects/Intel/options: enable VAAPI support
  • netmount: mount and start in backbround
  • linux: add patch to fix commit ff2f078
  • Mesa: depends now on package 'makedepend', dont check for makedepend on HostOS

Package updates:
  • xorg-server: update to xorg-server-1.9.3.902
  • alsa-utils: update to alsa-utils-1.0.24.2
  • alsa-lib: update to alsa-lib-1.0.24.1
  • util-linux: update to util-linux-2.19-rc3
  • connman: update to connman-0.68
  • libva: update to libva-20110127
  • bluez: update to bluez-4.87
  • v4l-utils: update to v4l-utils-0.8.2
  • libXi: update to libXi-1.4.1
  • hdparm: update to hdparm-9.37

Added packages and functions:
  • new package: add package 'makedepend'
  • xproto: split in packages for host and target

Removed packages and functions:
  • busybox: remove now unneeded applet 'crond'
  • avahi: dont install samba service script

Known issues and limitations
  • Component Video do not work in the Apple TV image
  • If you use the installer to install on a new drive, be sure there is at least one partition, otherwise the drive will be not detected
  • The Apple TV image is still experimental, even though its called "RC"

If you find more issues let us know in the forum (Bug Reports)

Adding additional drivers
  • If you need an additional driver (esp. WLAN/DVB/Remote) let us know this in our forum (Feature request)
greetings, Stephan

Yes and autoupdate worked from beta5! There still seems to be permissions' issues when trying to install addons. They just won't download. Otherwise, it's really nice. Great in fact. This is on anATV1 with the CHD card and booting from a 4gig flash drive.

Wish the ATV version would move out of "experimental"/hobby phase Smile

philip

Edit: just subjective, but I seem to have had better 720p playback with beta5 on my ATV1. They still play fine, but there is a bit of stuttering at the beginning of playback. Have the drivers for the CHD card changed?
First install on my Zotac MAG with WiFi USB card D-Link DWA-131 was succeed.
All was working nice.
Unfortunatelly my USB disk went down and it was few days i got it again.
So i plug in and run htpc and... no wifi.... Stopped working.
And i formatted USB disk to ext4 under Ubuntu 10.10 Live and disk is not visible.
Earlier it was ext3 so wasnt any problems.
Hough!
I am trying OpenELEC and it seems to be great. Lightweight. Fast. Quick installation. Minimal manual configuration required. I easily got my HDMI audio working and am finalizing my Harmony One remote as we speak. Big Grin
Hi,

Any chance you could add rsync? It really make syncing thumbs much easier. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
To all, with the upcoming release of RC2 in the next days, the known problems with AAC 5.1 and FLAC 5.1 are now solved (also no need for the bypass with optical/coax).
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8