• 66(current)
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC
Tight_wad Wrote:I am interest in trying the OpenELEC 10.1 out. Have a few questions before I do first.

I have the Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11 w/30gb ssd and with these specs:

Chipset
NVIDIA® Next-Generation ION™ (w/512MB DDR3)
GPU ION™
CPU Compatibility
Intel® Atom™ D510 (dual-core)

1. Which one of the builds would be the correct one?

Generic Builds
OpenELEC Generic i386 (126 MB) MD5

ION Builds
OpenELEC ION i386 (98 MB) MD5
OpenELEC ION x86_64 (102 MB) MD5

Intel Builds
OpenELEC Intel i386 (87 MB) MD5
OpenELEC Intel x86_64 (90 MB) MD5

2. Can I switch out my SSD with my extra one to try out OpenELEC and if I doesn't work out, just put my original SSD back in and have XBMClive back up and running?

3. It says can you still use others that work in XBMClive 10.1?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

1. One of the ION builds.
2.You can install openelec on an extra flash drive and not have to change anything with the computer.
3. You can still install other other add-ons also (although I cant get cdart manager working).
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
splnuts Wrote:1. One of the ION builds.
2.You can install openelec on an extra flash drive and not have to change anything with the computer.
3. You can still install other other add-ons also (although I cant get cdart manager working).

Thanks for take a moment and giving me answers. Your most helpful. I am going to give openELEC a try very soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by athloni View Post
More than 140.000 views on this thread !!!

OpenElec realy needs its own sub-forum. It's how XBMC Live should be!
Quote:Quote:
Response by magao
http://www.openelec.tv/forum

The posts here are just to let people know the status ...

They are obviously happy for having OpenELECT. magao, what are you some self appointed )ick? This a forum to discuss things, working or not, bad or in this case good. Leave people alone. You just did this to me in the other openELEC thread, and now your doing it to some one else. That is just WRONG! Again I point out to you, this thread is located in the help and support section
Actually, I've answered many questions in these threads. But there is a dedicated forum for OpenELEC, and you will tend to get much better responses there, which is why I directed people there.

You're perfectly welcome to ask questions here ... but you're less likely to get as useful results by doing so.
magao Wrote:http://www.openelec.tv/forum

The posts here are just to let people know the status ...

WhyHuh
It's just another XBMC on Linux solution right?
Sad
athloni Wrote:WhyHuh

Why what? You don't like that openELEC has it's own web site, it's own forum, it's own support page, it's own download page, etc.? Too bad, that's how it's set up. Honestly, it works much better this way. Issues with getting Openelec up and running are best addressed there. Once you have it running, you can ask general xbmc questions at forums.xbmc.org.

And, IMO, it's not "just another xbmc on linux solution". They've done a lot of work to streamline and optimize it for specific platforms so that it is as close to truly plug-n-play as xbmc has ever been.
athloni Wrote:WhyHuh

No, it's not. Yes it's based on linux but it's closer to an embeded linux than a full blown linux.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:No, it's not. Yes it's based on linux but it's closer to an embeded linux than a full blown linux.

So yes it is just another distro... but specialized in media and XBMC.
But it's not "Just another" Linux solution. The end user doesn't need to know anything about Linux to use it.

That's like trolling the car forums in a Bugatti Veyron thread.
"So, like it's just another honda civic, right?"

4 wheels, an engine, steering wheel some seats.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
hi, i have an acer revo 3610 connected to my home theatre system downstairs and i decided to give openelec (1.0.2). i am unable to connect to the wifi router upstairs (i tired putting the ssid/ip information in network and network2 in programs) but i am still unable to ssh into the machine... can someone let me know what the method is of connecting to a wireless router ?

thanks,
It should work - what router are you using? I have no problems at all with connection to my WiFi.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

HenryFord Wrote:It should work - what router are you using? I have no problems at all with connection to my WiFi.

do you have a revo 3610 as well. i think it is because the 3610 has a rt3090 wireless adapter and openelec 1.0.2 only has the driver for the rt2800.

i will experiment if there is a way to add components to the latest source; does anyone have any pointers.

thanks,
Question - I installed OpenELEC on an old thumbdrive that I had laying around, and it is SSSSLLLLOOOWWW sometimes taking about a minute to open anything. Would a USB 2.0 thumb drive make any difference? (I'm not 100% sure if the one I'm using is 2.0, but if I had to take a guess, it's not.) or should I just run it off a hard drive?
schneidz Wrote:do you have a revo 3610 as well. i think it is because the 3610 has a rt3090 wireless adapter and openelec 1.0.2 only has the driver for the rt2800.

i will experiment if there is a way to add components to the latest source; does anyone have any pointers.

thanks,
Ah - well, that could be the culprit. I do not use the Revo, and my board rund the rt2800. So... that def. could be the reason - did you try asking at the forums over at openelec.tv - I'm almost certain that they encountered this problem before.

@Jorge: If you currently do not use a USB 2.0 stick, it would definetly improve the speed if you did.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Just run it on the harddrive, this way it also creates the folders on your HDD for storing local media and XBMC come presetup with these sources..

Also if you UNC path to the machine you will see all the shares
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANN] OpenELEC.tv - very small and fast booting Embedded Linux Distribution with XBMC8