• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]
Freddo Wrote:Sorry tiben, something really odd must be going on, when I connect to the remote graph, it does see xbmc in there, but once I connect to it no graph is actually displayed. If I save that as xml I get this:

Which is basically nothing, is it possible I've got conflicting codecs or something then? It has been ages since I've formatted this vista install, god knows what kind of overlapping outdated codecs it's got on it, but I didn't think those could affect XBMC.
Did you start the video when your trying to connect to the graph. The graph is created every time you start a video.
The thing with direct show when you install a player using it they rarely use dynamic loading of codecs they usualy register them with what we call merit. So they just register their crappy stuff and put a really high merit even if you dont want to use them when you play a file in another directshow player they get inserted in the player. I already have 8 or 9 filters that are blocked in the player but i still need find those crappy filters with the helps of people testing the player.

ashlar Wrote:In this state of development it theoretically could. When tiben20 is "finished", external codecs should be picked up only if explicitly selected in the .xml config file. Right tiben20?
Im already really far in the "state of developement". For the filters loading i did many improvement in the 4 last days. I Still have to add the audio renderer part which im not sure which way i should do it. I think i will go with the userdata and a dsplayer settings panel in xbmc.
Hi tiben20, did not really wanted to downplay what you achieved so far. Smile

You are actually working wonders! Big Grin
I'm thinking I might do a re-install of Vista, or throw on the RTM of 7 before doing any more testing with this build.

For one reason or another, starting with this build, I actually get higher CPU usage than with Alpha 2. (1080p h264's jump up to 100% CPU Usage with massive frame drops, VC-1's say they're being accellerated, but CPU usage is around 80%)

Looking at the log, I can see that the build posted above is the first DirectShow build that read in the xml file without any errors on my system. The rest complained about not being able to read it.

And while I could post my logs, I don't want to waste people's times troubleshooting my horrible frankenstein of a system until I get it cleaned up. Smile Regardless, as always, awesome work tiben20, I only wish I could help out more. Back later with logs after a re-install.
tiben20 Wrote:Did you start the video when your trying to connect to the graph. The graph is created every time you start a video.

I don't see XBMC as a graph to connect to until after a video is already playing, so the sequence is:

start graph thinger
start xbmc
start video with DSplayer
connect to remote graph

I've noticed the "disconnect from remote graph" remains greyed out after this so presumably no appropriate graph is getting generated by whatever weird combination of codecs is doing on.

Since I'm fairly sure the problem must be some silly codecs I've got on here, is there a reliable way without formatting to just nuke the lot so I can start from scratch with a nice clean set?
tiben20, tried your latest build. Now mkv with embedded subs work. But if you enable subtitles (internal or external) XBMC freezes. Is this expected behaviour currently?
tiben20, your build (or my install of it) won't allow me to go into library mode. anyone else having this problem?
ashlar Wrote:tiben20, tried your latest build. Now mkv with embedded subs work. But if you enable subtitles (internal or external) XBMC freezes. Is this expected behaviour currently?
Its normal the subtiles are currently in development just give a sec to ArtVandelae he is currently coding this part. Its quite complexe so just let him some time im pretty sure he will get this working really nicely.

hellohello Wrote:tiben20, your build (or my install of it) won't allow me to go into library mode. anyone else having this problem?

Yeah its normal and i bet if you go in your log its going to be writen videodb is newer than .... bla bla bla its only because your used a newer svn build video database and its not working with this release
hellohello Wrote:tiben20, your build (or my install of it) won't allow me to go into library mode. anyone else having this problem?
I don't. But I've found another movie that refuses to start. For reasons unknown... h264, dts, 720p...
A-ha! So, I removed K-Lite (which I had installed for some reason), and my 1080p VC-1 full-bitrate BD-Rip took a whopping 6% CPU Usage, instead of it's previous 100%+ Smile On the downside, when I hit stop, XBMC crashes, but it's a work in progress. Heh.

Still haven't gotten h264 working at all. tiben20, I tried using graphedit, and I could see the XBMC instance, and so I connected to it, but once that's done, what should I be doing? The XML, when saved, was empty.
Mkv's w/ subs playing, H264 working.

Can't enter library. Xbmc crashed once when i hit stop (tested 5 mkv's).

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Moving along quickly! geesssssss top work! Big Grin - justa quick question is this limited by the GFX card the sames as VDPAU? or will the onboard 7 series nVidia in my HTPC cut it?
nathanjones Wrote:A-ha! So, I removed K-Lite (which I had installed for some reason), and my 1080p VC-1 full-bitrate BD-Rip took a whopping 6% CPU Usage, instead of it's previous 100%+ Smile On the downside, when I hit stop, XBMC crashes, but it's a work in progress. Heh.

Still haven't gotten h264 working at all. tiben20, I tried using graphedit, and I could see the XBMC instance, and so I connected to it, but once that's done, what should I be doing? The XML, when saved, was empty.
If there no graph when your trying to connect to it it simply because the player crashed while loading the xml filters or the rules for filters. for klite i guest might be due to haalli splitter or matroska splitter which somewhere try to get into the graph and screw up everything. For the stop ill try to find what going wrong with the introduction of the new way i draw the frame that crash the player. This is already fixed in svn ill try to upload a new version tonight too see if it was the problem

Geeba Wrote:Moving along quickly! geesssssss top work! Big Grin - justa quick question is this limited by the GFX card the sames as VDPAU? or will the onboard 7 series nVidia in my HTPC cut it?

Yeah for the rendering is worst than vdpau when its about video acceleration. I did try with sucess on a nvidia 8200 motherboard but i have no idea if its going to work with the 7 series

xbs08 Wrote:Mkv's w/ subs playing, H264 working.

Can't enter library. Xbmc crashed once when i hit stop (tested 5 mkv's).

About the library lit wont work until i update form trunk. You can just install somewhere else xbmc and use -p when starting it. The thing is you will have to rebuild the library so its up to you
Working great with win7 but my xp box will not run the xbmc.exe , the error is "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

Reinstalling doesn't fix it

Any idea what is wrong ?
tiben20 Wrote:About the library lit wont work until i update form trunk. You can just install somewhere else xbmc and use -p when starting it. The thing is you will have to rebuild the library so its up to you

Thanks, will try that. Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
tiben20 Wrote:Its normal the subtiles are currently in development just give a sec to ArtVandelae he is currently coding this part. Its quite complexe so just let him some time im pretty sure he will get this working really nicely.
Ok, I'm in no hurry. And actually the really good news is that, apparently, we have a second developer on board. Big Grin
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED]16