• 4(current)
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha2 released
I was able to install on a thumbdrive. I hardcoded the device variable in the installXBMC script to /dev/sr1. This still does not fix the underlying problem of my root device being incorrectly dected, though.
Downloaded Alpha2 live installer cd image, burned to cd and started live install.
At Partition & Format, nothing happens, it just sits there.
I left it over night and was still there, no drive activity.

This is on an ASRock Ion 330.

Edit: Sorry, bad burn of the cd... install worked fine now
I created a bootable USB of the live disk using unetbootini , it seems to boot ok but then it says that it gave up waiting for the root drive. I have no idea what is causing this.
just a couple of hints that i thought might be helpfull to others.

if when selecting the install option your system goes to a blinking cursor instread of the login prompt. turn off the pc, and unplug everything that is not needed. I had to unplug the network and my ir receiver.

the link posted up top for download will actually take you to the 9.04.1 release. http://xbmc.org/download/

the direct link for 9.11 is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...p/download

i spent 2 days and bunch dvds trying to figure out why my 9.11 is acting all weird while i was actually using 9.04.1
Quote:the link posted up top for download will actually take you to the 9.04.1 release. http://xbmc.org/download/
That's not correct. If you go to the link above, there's clearly a set of download links for 9.11 Camelot A2. They are posted under the "Current Pre-release: Camelot Alpha2" heading.
pumkinut Wrote:That's not correct. If you go to the link above, there's clearly a set of download links for 9.11 Camelot A2. They are posted under the "Current Pre-release: Camelot Alpha2" heading.

sorry I complelly missed that, I used to click on the usb stick image and that would take me to sourceforge for 9.04.1
I'm experiencing a few issues and was wondetring if anyone could provide any help,

I'm running on on ZOTAC 330 Ion board.

when I select "XBMCLive - NVIDIA" from the grub menu, the system will kind of freeze in grub for 2:35 seconds before it even tries to boot off, the led on my flash drive that I use for boot is flashing so i know its doing something with the flash drive.

the other problems is when I put XBMC to sleep it isn't able to wake up using the remote. it works perfetly if I boot of a 9.04.1 live dvd. but when on 9.11 it wont wake up using either a usb remote or the usb keyboard.
kay.one Wrote:sorry I complelly missed that, I used to click on the usb stick image and that would take me to sourceforge for 9.04.1
No problem.

I'm having an issue with it right now. I have a Zotac GF9300 Mini-ITX board, and for some reason my network interface is misbehaving. I've got link according to the LEDs on the NIC port and my switch port, but nothing for eth0 if I issue an ifconfig, and if I perform a "sudo ifup eth0" it fails. I don't have the exact wording of the error right now.

It's an nVidia chipset, so I checked, and the forcedeth driver is loaded. I'm not sure what's wrong. The interface worked on my main PC, but that's a Realtek network interface. This is the first time this has happened on my HTPC board though.
Okay, I have some more definitive output. eth0 still will not come up. I issued a "dmesg | grep forcedeth" command and got the following:
Code:
[    1.685670] forcedeth: Reverse Engineered nForce ethernet driver. Version 0.64.
[    1.686085] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: PCI INT A -> Link[APCH] -> GSI 22 (level, low) -> IRQ 22
[    1.686090] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: setting latency timer to 64
[    1.749675] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: ifname eht0, PHY OUI 0x732 @ 3, addr 00:01:4f:bc:17:3a
[    1.749678] forcedeth 0000:00:0a.0: highdma csum pwrctl gbit lnktim msi desc-v3
ifconfig just shows the loopback interface, and when I try sudo ifup eth0, I get the following:
Code:
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
eth0: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
Bind socket to interface: No such device
Failed to bring up eth0.
As I said, DHCP works just fine. I was able to use the NIC in my other machine. XBMC works fine off of the hard drive of my HTPC (same machine that the thumbdrive is failing on). I'm not sure where to go from here. I've tried restarting networking and reloading the forcedeth kernel module, but both have not changed anything.

I've also tried setting a static address in /etc/network/interfaces, but no dice.
kay.one Wrote:I'm experiencing a few issues and was wondetring if anyone could provide any help,

I'm running on on ZOTAC 330 Ion board.

when I select "XBMCLive - NVIDIA" from the grub menu, the system will kind of freeze in grub for 2:35 seconds before it even tries to boot off, the led on my flash drive that I use for boot is flashing so i know its doing something with the flash drive.

the other problems is when I put XBMC to sleep it isn't able to wake up using the remote. it works perfetly if I boot of a 9.04.1 live dvd. but when on 9.11 it wont wake up using either a usb remote or the usb keyboard.

got the wake up issue fixed,

followed http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

i had to enable wake up for all USB1.1 devices. but enabling any USB2.0 devices would cause the system to wake up right away.

the only problem is that the setting doesn't preset over system reboots. is there anyway that I could make the updates stick?
kay.one Wrote:got the wake up issue fixed,

followed http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Enable_Wake-On-Device

i had to enable wake up for all USB1.1 devices. but enabling any USB2.0 devices would cause the system to wake up right away.

the only problem is that the setting doesn't preset over system reboots. is there anyway that I could make the updates stick?

Hi Kay.One, had the same problem over the weekend. In order to make the changes stick you need to edit the /etc/rc.local file.

Should look like the file below. I just pasted the command to enable the USB port. Saved the file and now it works sweet every restart.

rc.local
Code:
#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.
echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
It seems the eventclients are not installed, at least on mine, and when I tried sudo apt-get install xbmc-eventclient-* as well as xbmc-eventclient-wiiremote and neither were found on the repo. Is my install at fault, or if not are the eventclients being dropped or just not included in this specific release?
jmarshall Wrote:Correct. If you need to specify a username and pass, it'll prompt you (and will remember it if you choose to do so)

It was just more comfortable before to enter a standard user and password when connecting to multiple sources. User and pass will only be remembered if you're connecting to the same share Sad
indeed, sorry to say the old system did a better job.
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.
Excellent thanks kay.one & kidona that tip fixed my wake up via MCE remote on my Asrock Ion 330 using alpha 2.

Just had to add "echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup" without quotes to the rc.local and it worked.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.11 alpha2 released0