[RELEASE] XBMC Virtual Controller (for Windows only)
Thumbs Up 

XBMC Virtual Controller is another application written by myself.

The application can be used to control XBMC as if you have a remote control using XBMC's event client.

It comes complete with a skinning engine (including a debug mode) and thus you can easilly create your own great looking original themed remotes.

For more info head over to HERE!
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
thats slick, cant wait to get home and try it out
Great work on this, seems like a handy app. Do you plan on open-sourcing it in the future?

TheUni
something like this would be awesome for my android phone!
theuni Wrote:Great work on this, seems like a handy app. Do you plan on open-sourcing it in the future?

TheUni

I do plan on open-sourcing it, just wanted to see how well it is recived. Fix any issues people may have before hand and go from there. I will probbaly add to google code as that has a issue tracking facility.

b00sted4fun Wrote:something like this would be awesome for my android phone!

I would love to start doing a android version but unfortunately I dont have a android phone to test. But I do understand some kind of android emulator exists, so will look into that.
I have now made XBMC Virtual Controller open source and you can head over to here for more information...

http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=9
I like it, but have noticed an easy improvement someone can make.

A command line parameter to specify the IP address and port to connect to -- As it is now, each time you open the program it defaults to localhost. I'm using an xbox, so it will never be local host.

I really do like the interface, would be cool if the keys were mapped to the keyboard as well.
Looks good and is really useful - I'm just now starting to play with XBMC for Windows.

Quick question: how do I change the color of the skin? Tried playing in the XBMCVirtualController.exe.config file but to no avail...

Good work!
Do you know if it works on Windows Media phones? I'm still looking for a way to control my XBMC by WiFi and this seems like a good starter...
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
michelito Wrote:Looks good and is really useful - I'm just now starting to play with XBMC for Windows.

Quick question: how do I change the color of the skin? Tried playing in the XBMCVirtualController.exe.config file but to no avail...

Good work!

Very simple to change the skin, right click the remote with mouse and a context menu should appear...

From here you can also scale down the size of the remote and also hide to the icon tray.
And here I was looking at config files instead of looking for the more obvious!!! Smile

Thanks!
Ive almost completed V1.1 of XBMC Virtual Controller with the following new features....

1) Snap to desktop border
2) Ability to emulate keyboard or gampad
3) Remembers previous connection
4) Abilty to auto connect
5) Send Single Click Mode (Should solve problems with xbox)
6) Alt mode (can be used to toggle buttons to alternative state, for example could be used to toggle caps on/off)

I have not created a keyboard skin yet to show off the alt features/other new functionality. If anyone fancies doing a keyboard skin let me know.
This is pretty awesome.

Are there any docs for it? It would be pretty useful if the "buttons" would pop up a mouseover description.
ClayM Wrote:This is pretty awesome.

Are there any docs for it? It would be pretty useful if the "buttons" would pop up a mouseover description.

Curerntly there are no docs for it, I will get around to doing one sometime but happy to answer questions for now.

Buttons at mo do have a tooltip description in debug mode only which can be enabled by right clicking the remote and selecting the appropriate option in menu.
hi,

i've got a little problem here,

i can make it work for control via lan, i just manage to control my local xbmc, i've put my htpc ip didn't change the default port, but i don't have the "connected" message on my htpc .

don't understand why

using v1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Virtual Controller (for Windows only)0