TheTVDB.com is down
As the title says, TVDB is down. This will affect all scrapers that make use of the site.

IMDB TV, TV.com, and TVrage scrapers are all still working if you need to tidy your TV eps collection
any info on when it's coming back?
Quote from szsori:

"One of the customers at that location turned up 9 blades last night and blew 2 circuits. They've been working since late last night trying to resolve the issue. The new circuit won't be installed until Monday. We'll know more in a bit.

If it ends up being Monday, CrazzyKid is going to move the server to his new datacenter today. He'd then set up the old location as a mirror for both the current site and the new site. If we do need to move the site, I'll have to make a DNS update to the new IP address accordingly. Then it would be up to everyone to clear their DNS cache to find the new site, or wait however long for the record to update. In expectation of this, I'm lowering the TTL for the DNS record to 300 seconds (from 86400). This will apply for the rest of the weekend. Should speed up resolution for some people.

In a nutshell: either later today or Monday. Sorry, folks. The good news is that we wanted to move to the new datacenter at some point anyway. Smile"

More info here
seems it's up again..

can't scrape though...
Yep it's back online but scraping doesn't find any info :S
I think that they have the API keys disabled at the moment. Which is a good idea because as soon as they said the site was back online I am sure everyone and their brother tried to scrape/test their apps.

As with most community based things, we have to remember that this is not their only job, they are working on it as fast as they can. Smile
it looks like api is up but not fully as it won't download the info in zip or xml format like it should - since you can't download it there is no way to verify the episodeguide... hope it will be fixed soon
Help?

I was trying to download tv shows on Nov 16 so received the following message:

"Downloading TV show information
Scanning for new content"

Well, that message won't go away now and no tv show content was downloaded.

I left it running for hours and the app is not responding.
I force quit the application (numerous times), uninstalled the application (3 times by dragging it to the trash), rebooted my macbook pro, all to no avail.

Any ideas on how I get that message gone and have xbmc function properly again?

OSX Version: 10.5.8
Platform: MacBook Pro
Install Method: dmg
SVN Revision: XBMC 9.04.1 r20677
Skin name: PM3.HD

Thanks for any help.
The site may be back up but the APIs are still down. They are regenerating the static XML files. Everything should be working once that happens.

You can follow the progress of the regen at http://thetvdb.com/?tab=reports once "Series Waiting For Update:" reaches zero it should be all set to use.

The guys over at TheTVDB have done an awesome job of moving the site, I can't wait to see what happens with the mirroring, I hope that will help them out.

You can also follow the thread on TheTVDB's forums here: http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2285
hmmm... the Series Waiting for update" is back up over 16k of 17k.

Anybody else experiencing a problem similar to mine (2 posts above)?
Series Waiting For Update: 15182

when this number come to 0, full scrap should be avaible.
It is back up and working again, they had to regen when it was almost finished. There was some data missing.

It is working for me and MIP cmdline.
I am not gettig anything. Been a week now. Would it be fair to say if I have tried once then XBMC never tries again sort of thing?

Is anyone else getting TVDB to work? Just shows a scanning for content for ages then eventually compresses database and thats it.
garyi Wrote:I am not gettig anything. Been a week now. Would it be fair to say if I have tried once then XBMC never tries again sort of thing?

Is anyone else getting TVDB to work? Just shows a scanning for content for ages then eventually compresses database and thats it.

Silly question but did you reboot your box? Sometimes an OS gets it in it's head that a site isn't reachable and tends to hang on to that belief long after the site is back online. In short reboot or if you know how to do it on your OS try and clear the nslookup cache. Reboot is usually easier tho.
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
I'll give it a go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com is down0