Problems Installing XBMC to USB
Question 
Hi Everyone

Could anyone help me please... I've downloaded the XBMC Live 9.04.1 iso image and burnt it to cd. On booting, everything works fine. I've been trying to install it to a USB drive but can't get it to work. If I use the install to USB frm the GRUB menu, I get a usb drive which will display the grub prompt but won't boot into XBMC. I've had a look at different post from the forums and some recommended unetbootin. I've used that application as well and modified the syslinux.cfg file as instructed but end result is a usb drive that will give me errors ("no boot" or error in config "unkown error in configuration file" etc).

Thanks for any info you may provide.

Greetings from Mauritius

Ublinx
I had a similar issue. I did the following:

To make a usb stick work properly for a HDD install, open "syslinux.cfg" on the stick after it's created and replace all instances of "boot=cd" to "boot=usb" or it will hang.

Also, double check the bios. On my machine you have to go in and specify which HDD to load 1st since it sees both HDD and Flash USB as harddrives it kind of obscure in the settings menu.
Hi XELOR

Thanks for the prompt reply... unfortunately I've already modified the syslinux.cfg file and changed the boot=cd to boot=usb... Bios as well is ok... problem is on reading the usb, it will prompt multiple errors of type "unknown error in configuration"...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems Installing XBMC to USB0