• 3(current)
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!
Exclamation 
Well your system has to be fully working since these are mostly tweaks, as a newcomer to this stuff it may be possible to get lost however the only person that can help you...is you.

I stand by everything on my initial post.
iGudi Wrote:Hi, thanks for the nice "guide" Wink I've tried to follow the sensors guide and it seems to have improved my reading, but i still dont think the cpu readings are correct.

Code:
coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:      +13.0°C  (crit = +95.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Core 1:      +22.0°C  (crit = +95.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0002
Core 2:      +13.0°C  (crit = +95.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0003
Core 3:      +23.0°C  (crit = +95.0°C)
The CPUs must be at least twice the temp as the output.

Code:
hddtemp /dev/sda
/dev/sda: ST9320325AS: 52°C

nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp

I have been able to reproduce this on a dif machine where the bios and linux readings are ways off, I put it down to the following.

the Kernel ACPI and lm-sensors are both probing your IO ports at same time (not good) in newer kernels this was apparently fixed so there no adverse reaction by two dif processes hammering the same IO Port, newer kernels suppose to resolve this but karmic release kernels are bugged on this still. again read my posts regarding that. More info on this can be found on the lm-sensors site.
Hello X3lectric,

Thanks for this How-TO.

I'm interrest about this product, and I want to buy one.

But I would like to know if this motherboard is sufficient for the 1080i.

I would also like to know if this motherboard is capable of doing the upscaling PAL SD to 1080i with uninterlace?

In fact I want to use it to play TV SD and HD with XBMC-PVR

Thanks a Lot

Olivier
beckynet Wrote:Hello X3lectric,

Thanks for this How-TO.

I'm interrest about this product, and I want to buy one.

But I would like to know if this motherboard is sufficient for the 1080i.

I would also like to know if this motherboard is capable of doing the upscaling PAL SD to 1080i with uninterlace?

In fact I want to use it to play TV SD and HD with XBMC-PVR

Thanks a Lot

Olivier

All I can say is read this reply http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=439549&postcount=7
I'm getting a no sensors detected on my asrock 330 when I get to this step :

Quote:4) run sensors-detect answer Y to all Prompts and at the end press ENTER this will create a lm_sensors

Anything you modified in bios ?
I'm running karmic btw (changed the dep lines in sources.list to reflect this.
ynwa
if you read the two first posts you wouldnt be posting this at all... I have explicitly made the statement that the Karmic kernels are buggy!
X3lectric Wrote:if you read the two first posts you wouldnt be posting this at all... I have explicitly made the statement that the Karmic kernels are buggy!

ynwa
Karmic kernels present a few issues with this all ordeal lm-sensors wont ever work properly until a 2.6.32 kernel is mainstream on karmic, or you can compile your own or patch it with the necessary modules.

It would be appreciated since the time was taken to start this topic that ppl such as yourself actually read it and follow it as it is. Since I made the Karmic issues known with the majority of ION boxes, it's only fair that posts regarding Karmic issues or irrelevant posts go a) unanswered or b) can of whoopass.

I'd love to help you, it's just futile.
X3lectric Wrote:Karmic kernels present a few issues with this all ordeal lm-sensors wont ever work properly until a 2.6.32 kernel is mainstream on karmic, or you can compile your own or patch it with the necessary modules.

It would be appreciated since the time was taken to start this topic that ppl such as yourself actually read it and follow it as it is. Since I made the Karmic issues known with the majority of ION boxes, it's only fair that posts regarding Karmic issues or irrelevant posts go a) unanswered or b) can of whoopass.

I'd love to help you, it's just futile.

If I could choose between the responses I get from you or no response i would prefer the latter..
Anywho, thank you for the guide, and I'm sorry I didn't read the entire thread before testing it.

Peace out.
ynwa
yea well Im not one to pussy foot around things I considered not responding just because I knew my response would be harsh and to the point.

Either way if one person is reasonable enough and makes good use of common sense will see my replies when are less than "courteous" will see really its only for the betterment of the person on the receiving end.

Now after this im sure you will take more care in reading posts anywhere, anyways my friend peace indeed...
X3lectric Wrote:yea well Im not one to pussy foot around things I considered not responding just because I knew my response would be harsh and to the point.

Either way if one person is reasonable enough and makes good use of common sense will see my replies when are less than "courteous" will see really its only for the betterment of the person on the receiving end.

Now after this im sure you will take more care in reading posts anywhere, anyways my friend peace indeed...

I can understand the frustration when being asked questions when people should have know the answers. I worked for a tech support for a few years, so I can relate ;-)
No harm done, i'll try it on jaunty when i get a chance to reinstall / wrestle the remote from my girlfriend, hehe.
ynwa
Why doesn't XBMC work with 2.6.32? What's the error?
does anyone have any tips for the 330BD version with BC-5500S Bluray drive. I managed to rip a bluray disk using makemkv, admittedly after 2 or 3 attempts, but since I've updated the kernel to 2.6.28-17 it doesn't seem to recognise it as a bluray device. With a BD in the drive lshw shows
Code:
*-cdrom
                description: DVD-RAM writer
                product: BD ROM BC-5500S
                vendor: Optiarc
                physical id: 1
                bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
                logical name: /dev/cdrom
                logical name: /dev/cdrw
                logical name: /dev/dvd
                logical name: /dev/dvdrw
                logical name: /dev/scd0
                logical name: /dev/sr0
                version: 1.E1
                capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
                [b]configuration: ansiversion=5 status=nodisc[/b]
(although I don't know what it showed pre-kernel .17)

with a DVD loaded it shows
Code:
[b]configuration: ansiversion=5 status=ready
              *-medium
                   physical id: 0
                   logical name: /dev/cdrom[/b]

I can play DVDs & Audio CDs but makemkv and dumphd report no disk when I put in a BD

John
Quote:logical name: /dev/scd0
logical name: /dev/sr0
In my experience with asrocks it tends to be /dev/sr0 and it should show as such in fstab. I havent made any Linux installs on the BD versions. Depends if the device in /media is being mounted scd0 or sr0. Im willing to bet sr0, though it mounts as cdrom0, you dont report that... odd.

# dmesg should completely show what device type is discovered/recognized, (please use a pastebin to post that long output) don't forget however that blueray support in Linux is limited for free IF at all, I know that commercial programs for Linux exist which fully support BD, On it vanilla jacks I don't think so. I am not familiar with your app makemkv you used. but that's all I can say since for Linux installs blueray is not what I would suggest for time being. I am sure some others would have different opinions.
However if it worked with the previous kernel maybe if the old saying if it isn't broke don't fix it, applies? Boot the old kernel and see. And please don't ask how to boot your old kernel as I wont reply.
Thanks, I'll look into that at home tomight. I failry certain that /dev/sr0 is reported in dmesg, but I als have /cdrom, /media/cdrom / /media/cdrom0
With regard to booting the old kernel (don't worry): unfortunately the reason I have the new kernel is that my update of XBMC beta 1 to beta 2 failed and I reinstalled from scratch leaving me with only the .17 kernel.....
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes!5